Seymour Duncan Convertible 60 amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Convertible 60 amp

How are they, I hear amazing things about the clean channel, but does it handle hi-gain well? I've got the oppertunity of buying one for less then 500 euros

I'm also considering buying this amp, but I'm not sure if it'll do the styles I play. I'm a lead player, and often play fast rhythm parts (Speed Metal). My main influences are Megadeth, Dokken, George Lynch, Marty Friedman, Reb Beach, Zakk Wylde, Al DiMeola, Chris Poland etc. So it totally has to do shred.

I mostly use Mahogany guitars loaded with balanced or bright pups (check below), I like a little bit of brightness to stick out above all. Not overly, but enough.

Thanks a lot!
    Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
    Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
    Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
    Marshall 2x12 Vintage
    Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Re: Seymour Duncan Convertible 60 amp

Nobody? This amp isn't that old is it?
    Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
    Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
    Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
    Marshall 2x12 Vintage
    Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

Re: Seymour Duncan Convertible 60 amp

They were a great little design that didn't fair well with the market, the gain question depends on what modules were in them, the variable damping and variable power level controls were cool, as well as the little *load plugs*.
      The reverb was quiet and smooth, plentiful, but not super deep, good tone though. They were built well, I heard one or two complaints about their switching matrix (one channel to the other), but I don't remember the details or if it was an on going problem. The high gain british module didn't impress me at all (maybe there was something wrong with it), the classic clean module did. The eq was nice in range, generic in the sense that it was musical and useful, but nothing stood out one way or the other about it to me. I think they had about 7 different gain modules for them, not sure ...
      Do a search under the amp's name, there is a good site out there with schematics and info on the web. I don't remember if they had an effects loop or not. That's about all I can tell you about the 100watt 1x12 combo.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
      X