EVH sig Phase 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH sig Phase 90

From picks to pedals and every accessory in between, Dunlop Manufacturing has been creating world-class gear for musicians for over 50 years. We consistently create the best selling picks and analog electronics, and carry a large line of accessories that set industry standards in their respective fields. We have a long list of legendary and modern-day superstars who all share a passion for our gear. Whether it’s pushing new innovations with our string line, or tweaking classic sounds with our vintage pedals, there is a dedication to music at the heart of everything we create.

Re: EVH sig Phase 90

Here's my gripes:

1. Price
    2. lame paint job ( )
    3. That little button looks very delicate
    4. Price

Comment

Switchable mod is very cool, blue LED rocks and the paint job is just the icing on da cake
      ]
      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

I don't get it. If you want the original script tone, why not just do the mod? I took those few resistors off mine and it brought it close to script specs. From what I understand, no one wants the modern block logo phase 90 sound anyway

Comment

Or why not just get a block logo pedals from the late 70's/early 80's? According to analog Mike at www.analogman.com, the original block logo pedals do not sound any different than the script logo pedals. I don't know why DUnlop insists on soldering the switch directly to the board, when they know damn well that makes it pretty much impossible to true bypass.

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Does anyone know if this pedal is True Bypass? For that price I hope so.
            1978 Lefty Gibson Les Paul Custom (C5 bridge, Jazz neck) with Jimmy Page wiring
            1996 Lefty Fender Jazzmaster (w/ SD Antiquity IIs)
            2003 Lefty Taylor 414RCE (Rosewood Limited Edition with Expression System)
            Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 3-channel through Marshall 1960A cabinet via THD HotPlate
            Effects: Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah, Fulltone DejaVibe, Maxon Rotary Phaser (PH-350), Boss DD6, Boss RC20 LoopStation, BBE Sonic Stomp

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151
              I don't get it. If you want the original script tone, why not just do the mod? I took those few resistors off mine and it brought it close to script specs. From what I understand, no one wants the modern block logo phase 90 sound anyway
              Hey, just wondering what the mod consists of doing? I have a newer phase 90 and would like to try it.
              !

Comment

Bwadr true mypass

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                  Bwadr true mypass
                  I beg your pardon?!?

Comment

True bypass is annoying, it adds noise, extra dufs when engaging the pedal as well.
                    And when the chain gets long the effect is negible at best.
                    I know that alot swears by this, I don't.
                    A well designed buffer will cut down on noise and statics, plus most switching annoyances will be out of the door.
                    Best way to run pedals is with a loop system, then they are completly out of the signalchain when not engaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                      True bypass is annoying, it adds noise, extra dufs when engaging the pedal as well.
                      And when the chain gets long the effect is negible at best.
                      I know that alot swears by this, I don't.
                      A well designed buffer will cut down on noise and statics, plus most switching annoyances will be out of the door.
                      Best way to run pedals is with a loop system, then they are completly out of the signalchain when not engaged.
                      That's correct. Unfortunately, Dunlop pedals do not have a well-designed buffer. In fact, I don't think they have any type of buffer circuitry. I could be wrong, but they will suck your tone, and they can't be true bypassed, which is one of the reasons why the older MXR pedals are more desireable than the newer Dunlop pedals. True bypass is a good option for most pedals, but if you run a lot of effects, you'll want to throw in some buffered pedals to help preserve your signal. There is a true bypass wiring mod that can prevent the popping from happening, but it kind of depends on the pedal. I run two pedals with normal true bypass wiring, and neither of them pop when switched.

Ryan
                      Originally posted by JOLLY
                      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                        Switchable mod is very cool, blue LED rocks and the paint job is just the icing on da cake
                        Yeah! Pricey but kool.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
                        Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
                        Celestion speakers
                        Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
                        Too many pedals....

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
                          Here's my gripes:

1. Price
                          2. lame paint job ( )
                          3. That little button looks very delicate
                          4. Price
                          I see what you mean about the price!!
                          Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
                          Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
                          Korg AX1500G multi-fx
                          RAT
                          Boss PH-1r
                          Ibanez cf-7
                          Ibanwz ts-7
                          Danelectro tremolo
                          Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

There is a true bypass wiring mod that can prevent the popping from happening, but it kind of depends on the pedal. I run two pedals with normal true bypass wiring, and neither of them pop when switched.
                            Yep a few makes the switches work good, but they are also somewhat costly
                            But anyways I am never going to like tb very much, personally I think it is a religion of sorts
                            hehe

Comment

Working...
                            X