banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TS-808 Mod

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TS-808 Mod

    I got a tubescreamer reissue for my birthday, and am loving it, but not really diggin the side effect - fuzz when its off. If I turn the overdrive level down when I have it off, the fuzz goes away, but I obviously can't do this every time I switch back and forth...that would kind of defeat the purpose of a "stomp box." Is it possible to bypass this on these pedals?

  • #2
    Re: TS-808 Mod

    Originally posted by Mojoe01
    I got a tubescreamer reissue for my birthday, and am loving it, but not really diggin the side effect - fuzz when its off. If I turn the overdrive level down when I have it off, the fuzz goes away, but I obviously can't do this every time I switch back and forth...that would kind of defeat the purpose of a "stomp box." Is it possible to bypass this on these pedals?
    Sounds like a problem with the 808 Joe? That isn't normal...Try cleaning both input and output jacks first..

    John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

    Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

    Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: TS-808 Mod

      Yeah, thats kind of why I posted about it...I figured it might not be a standard problem for such an expensive pedal.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: TS-808 Mod

        Originally posted by Mojoe01
        Yeah, thats kind of why I posted about it...I figured it might not be a standard problem for such an expensive pedal.
        check your IMs and get back to me Joe....

        John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

        Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

        Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: TS-808 Mod

          Someone should get a laugh at this. The other day I was cleaning
          out my computer desk. I found a old beat up bubble pack?? I was
          like... Why am I keeping this ?? So I tossed it. This thread just
          made me remember what that pack was!! IT WAS MY ORDER
          OF 4558 chips and resistors and chip holder for doing 808 mods
          for some of my buddies
          Well atleast I did my TS-5. BUT WHAT A IDIOT I AM !!
          http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: TS-808 Mod

            Originally posted by kmcguitars
            Someone should get a laugh at this. The other day I was cleaning
            out my computer desk. I found a old beat up bubble pack?? I was
            like... Why am I keeping this ?? So I tossed it. This thread just
            made me remember what that pack was!! IT WAS MY ORDER
            OF 4558 chips and resistors and chip holder for doing 808 mods
            for some of my buddies
            Well atleast I did my TS-5. BUT WHAT A IDIOT I AM !!
            DOH!
            ~Sid

            "If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: TS-808 Mod

              Originally posted by kmcguitars
              Someone should get a laugh at this. The other day I was cleaning
              out my computer desk. I found a old beat up bubble pack?? I was
              like... Why am I keeping this ?? So I tossed it. This thread just
              made me remember what that pack was!! IT WAS MY ORDER
              OF 4558 chips and resistors and chip holder for doing 808 mods
              for some of my buddies
              Well atleast I did my TS-5. BUT WHAT A IDIOT I AM !!
              Bummer....
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

              Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

              Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: TS-808 Mod

                What would you clean the jacks with? Caig Deoxit or something like that?
                GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

                Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

                Parker Nitefly SSH

                THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

                Bad Cat Mini Cat

                Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

                "Thanks for comin out and...
                KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: TS-808 Mod

                  Originally posted by Mkf411
                  What would you clean the jacks with? Caig Deoxit or something like that?
                  Yep...I use alot of the Caig products...Great stuff..

                  John
                  Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

                  Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

                  Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: TS-808 Mod

                    Where can you get that? Any kind of hardware store, or would a guitar store have something like that on hand?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: TS-808 Mod

                      Originally posted by Mojoe01
                      Where can you get that? Any kind of hardware store, or would a guitar store have something like that on hand?
                      Joe,I always order via the internet....

                      www.caig.com
                      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

                      Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

                      Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X