TS-808 Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS-808 Mod

I got a tubescreamer reissue for my birthday, and am loving it, but not really diggin the side effect - fuzz when its off. If I turn the overdrive level down when I have it off, the fuzz goes away, but I obviously can't do this every time I switch back and forth...that would kind of defeat the purpose of a "stomp box." Is it possible to bypass this on these pedals?

Re: TS-808 Mod

Originally posted by Mojoe01
    I got a tubescreamer reissue for my birthday, and am loving it, but not really diggin the side effect - fuzz when its off. If I turn the overdrive level down when I have it off, the fuzz goes away, but I obviously can't do this every time I switch back and forth...that would kind of defeat the purpose of a "stomp box." Is it possible to bypass this on these pedals?
    Sounds like a problem with the 808 Joe? That isn't normal...Try cleaning both input and output jacks first..

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Yeah, thats kind of why I posted about it...I figured it might not be a standard problem for such an expensive pedal.

Comment

Yeah, thats kind of why I posted about it...I figured it might not be a standard problem for such an expensive pedal.
        check your IMs and get back to me Joe....

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Someone should get a laugh at this. The other day I was cleaning
          out my computer desk. I found a old beat up bubble pack?? I was
          like... Why am I keeping this ?? So I tossed it. This thread just
          made me remember what that pack was!! IT WAS MY ORDER
          OF 4558 chips and resistors and chip holder for doing 808 mods
          for some of my buddies
          Well atleast I did my TS-5. BUT WHAT A IDIOT I AM !!
          http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
            for some of my buddies
            DOH!
            ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
              for some of my buddies
              Bummer....

Comment

What would you clean the jacks with? Caig Deoxit or something like that?
                GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
                KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

Originally posted by Mkf411
                  What would you clean the jacks with? Caig Deoxit or something like that?
                  Yep...I use alot of the Caig products...Great stuff..

John

Comment

Where can you get that? Any kind of hardware store, or would a guitar store have something like that on hand?

Comment

Where can you get that? Any kind of hardware store, or would a guitar store have something like that on hand?
                      Joe,I always order via the internet....

Industry Leaders are Our Best Advocates! Product Tips and Tricks Intermittent cell phone resolved with DeoxIT Tight-fitting RCA Audio/Video Interconnect Cab ...

Comment

Working...
                      X