crazy old amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy old amp

this is a long shot, but does anyone have any information on Jordan amplifiers? Found this old crazy amp in my grandma's closet,

Jordan Trouper J120 solid state amp.
    Can't find any information on it at all. Looks like it came straight out of the 60s/70s It's about 4 feet tall, 1.5 feet wide, has 1 12" speaker in the middle... sparkly cloth... built in tremelo too! Sounds VERY bright and quacky... snappy. Generally bad sounding, but it's interesting. My bass sounds better through it for some reason, the on switch has 3 positions (off, worn out thing I can't read, and on), the worn position and on sound exactly the same.

Belonged to my Uncle apparently, he died ten years ago. He played bass and guitar, so it may well be a bass amp. Wish I could post a picture.

Anyone heard of this thing? Anyone know if it's worth some $$? Anyone know where I can get information on it? (Not that I expect anyone to know s*it about this thing... but thanks anyway)
    dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Re: crazy old amp

Hm... interesting discovery! And it has a trem ? Can you take some pictures ?

.... uh.. wait!... did you say "solid state" ?
    Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

wish I could take pictures... I've been spending the week up here in Sacramento with my parents, where the amp is. Left my digital camera down in riverside . I might take it back down and take pictures of it there, if not be able to play around with it, if I can somehow find room in the back of my 2 seater sports car, which barely has enough room for a tied up hooker in the back (I have to cut them in half, which is messy ) so that's doubtful.

Til then, just imagine a 4'x1.5'x10" deep monolith covered in sparkly glitter mesh, with a yellow panel on top, all the knobs on the very top, and all the plugs on the back.

Yeah, it's solid state, but it's kind of cool looking so maybe I can use it as a stage prop of some kind.
      dan

Comment

There's one, (very brief), review over at Harmony Central.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita..._Combo-01.html

Comment

Thanks, I can always count on you guys for feedback Some review though... guy hasn't even played it. At least I now know at least one other one exists in the world. So much for rarity!
          dan

Comment

If you click up one level, there's one other review of a different Jordan.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...tainer-01.html

This guy says he has the original factory brochure. It shows his email addy as:

[email protected]

If that addy is still good, you might sweet talk him out of a photo-copy.

Comment

Working...
            X