Q's about Marshall DSL 40 watt combo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q's about Marshall DSL 40 watt combo.

Heard of one for sale and I was wondering if anybody has one and what you could tell me about them. Seeing how they use EL84 tubes do they still have that Marshall sound? Reliability? Have you tried it with an extension cab? Clean's any good? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Re: Q's about Marshall DSL 40 watt combo.

Ya I got one, it sounds awesome. It still has that marshall sound because its not class A, but el84s linda best of both worlds. I just recently got mine for about $500 and I havent been able to crank it passes 2 1/2 yet cause I live in a condo and havent jammed recently. I am looking into swapping the speaker with an eminence gb12 because the stock speaker isnt that great. And the cleans are very nice. One mistake people make when trying these amps out is cranking the ch.2 volume(which is used to balance the OD and clean channel) and keep the master low. the best way is to put the ch.2 volume on about 6 or 7 then use the master for volume and the cleans and OD will balance, cranking the ch.2 volume and leaving the master low can make the OD sound gritty. If you wanna know what this amp sounds like go here and scroll to the bottom and listen to the clips.
    Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Comment

Thanks for the info, LZ. I appreciate it. Could'nt hear the clip. MF is temporarily offline. Maybe later. Anyone else?

Comment

best thing is to try it - the EL84s have a slight fizz on OD channels. apart from that, its a fadging good amp. gigged with mine 3 times, it always sounds better than a DSL50 (these buffoons never heard of poweramp gain)

still.. try it out with a couple of different guitars. the EL84s have almost a fuzzbox distortion effect going on

Comment

Working...
        X