Distortion/OD pedals and Pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortion/OD pedals and Pickups?

This might be a dumb question but will a Distortion/OD pedal react differently to high output pickups and low output pickups? I mean if your using the Duncan Distortion pickup in one guitar are you gonna turn up the gain a little on your stomp box if you switch to a guitar with the 59? Just curious
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Re: Distortion/OD pedals and Pickups?

Probably.

That's the best answer I can give really.

Pedals don't clean up with volume the same way tubes do, but some of them do become cleaner as I roll down the volume.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

The stompbox will sound more compressed with higher output pickups, because more gain is hitting the front end of the circuit.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

You'll probably find that the Guitar with the 59 in it sounds much better under high gain. It will have more clarity, and a much more intelligeable sound...
        Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Originally posted by 59paul
          You'll probably find that the Guitar with the 59 in it sounds much better under high gain. It will have more clarity, and a much more intelligeable sound...
          Great info brother...

Yep,I agree with 59Paul...I use the word articulate alot,but 59 nailed it..
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

yeah, my bridge 59 shines under the raunchiest of ds-1 settings
            Originally posted by gibson175
            metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Working...
            X