Pod 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod 2.0

I recently bought a pod 2.0 and I want to connect it to the computer, what do I need?
    Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Dean Baby Z, Fender Squier Affinty Strat.

Marshall AVT 100, Fender Frontman 15G

Boss HM-3, DS-1, Dunlop Crybaby Original

Line 6 Pod 2.0

Re: Pod 2.0

What you need in basic terms is an adapter to get into your sound card and software to record your music. Basic software may already be in your system and you might get away with as little as a 1/4" to mini plug adapter for the mic input of your soundcard.

A better way to go is to buy integrated software with an interface for your computer. Cakewalk and other programs with interfaces can be had rather cheaply. If you are running a P-IV processor and have deceint ram I'd highly suggest saving up for a DigiDesign MBox and get the factory plug-ins if you can afford it. Its aprox $450 without the extra software and $550 with the factory bundle but it's well worth it.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
      . . . and you might get away with as little as a 1/4" to mini plug adapter for the mic input of your soundcard.
      I would only disagree with this one part. The Pod has a 1/4" TRS stereo output. (Thats the same thing as a full-size stereo headphone jack.) The mic input on a soundcard is mono, with an additional stage of (dirt cheap) amplification.

Your Pod manual specifically says to use a line-input. So, you need:

One of these:

1/8" stereo to 1/8" stereo cord

with one of these:

1/8" stereo to 1/4" stereo adaptor

Then, just go from the Pod out, to the soundcard line-in, and your all set.

If you wanted to throw a cheap mixer in between the two, all the better.
      A little more money - a lot more versatility.
      Last edited by ArtieToo; 08-21-2004, 07:14 AM.

Comment

I think what SlashRules was looking for is a way to use Line 6 Edit with his POD.

SR, you're using the 2.0, which means you'll have to use MIDI to connnect to your computer, as the 2.0 does not use a USB interface like the XT does.

You'll need a MidiMan (or similar) usb to MIDI in/out converter, then two midi cables, one going into your POD and one coming out of your POD.

Once you're set, you'll just download the Edit software and you'll be rocking.

-Chad
        Regards,

Chad Dyer
        Naturally Wired Designs
        www.naturallywireddesigns.com

Comment

Originally posted by WayneGtrsWebDude
          I think what SlashRules was looking for is a way to use Line 6 Edit with his POD.

-Chad
          I believe you're correct.

Comment

Working...
          X