Boss SD-1s on special for $40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss SD-1s on special for $40

For those who might be fence sitters, MF has the Boss SD-1s on special for $40 right now:
    Boss SD-1
    that and one of Stratdeluxer's mods will get you a killer OD pedal for not much $$$!!!
    "music heals"
    facebook

Re: Boss SD-1s on special for $40

Wow, actually am seriously tempted. Ah heck, why not (i earnt a lil money the other week ), ill get in touch with john and see if i can ship it to him, get him to mod it and pay him to ship it over to UK!!
    Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
    Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
    Korg AX1500G multi-fx
    RAT
    Boss PH-1r
    Ibanez cf-7
    Ibanwz ts-7
    Danelectro tremolo
    Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Originally posted by Dooogz
      Wow, actually am seriously tempted. Ah heck, why not (i earnt a lil money the other week ), ill get in touch with john and see if i can ship it to him, get him to mod it and pay him to ship it over to UK!!
      Do it and stop waiting on the fence. I am sure that John would even get it for you (like he purchased my TS-9 in the US) and then you can sort out him doing the mod etc and shipping it over to you. Just let John have the money so the he is not out of pocket before.
      Normans Guitars

Comment

Is this the pedal that I need to give my Hot Rod Deluxe a little kick in the pants? The distortion (red channel-gain boost) isn't that great, but I like the yellow (distortion channel-but cleaner than red) channel...maybe I could use this to crank out some hard rock?

Farkus
        2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
        1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
          Do it and stop waiting on the fence. I am sure that John would even get it for you (like he purchased my TS-9 in the US) and then you can sort out him doing the mod etc and shipping it over to you. Just let John have the money so the he is not out of pocket before.
          Ok, ok! John is about to get a PM!!
          Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
          Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
          Korg AX1500G multi-fx
          RAT
          Boss PH-1r
          Ibanez cf-7
          Ibanwz ts-7
          Danelectro tremolo
          Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Originally posted by Dooogz
            Ok, ok! John is about to get a PM!!
            I just gave you an IM with my Pay Pal account info....

John
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Man, I would send you my sd-1, but I need a better amp first I think.
              `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````

Comment

Can someone tell me what this pedal is good for?
                --------Guitars----------
                Fender Am Standard Strat w/SD Hotrail in bridge
                Fender Mustang
                PRS SE Soapbar
                Peavey T-15 -- For sale
                Ibanez ??

--------Amp---------
                Fender Super Amp 4x10

Comment

Originally posted by Mantic
                  Can someone tell me what this pedal is good for?
                  did you check the link?
                  it's the "SUPER OverDrive" ... uh ....it's an overdrive pedal ... you do know what overdrive is, right?

just in case you don't, here are some reviews:
                  Super Overdrive reviews

it's similar to a tubescreamer, but with different clipping
                  "music heals"
                  facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
                    did you check the link?
                    it's the "SUPER OverDrive" ... uh ....it's an overdrive pedal ... you do know what overdrive is, right?

just in case you don't, here are some reviews:
                    Super Overdrive reviews

it's similar to a tubescreamer, but with different clipping

So it would work better then my ds-1 for blues etc..... Oh and thanks for your detailed discription :/
                    Fender Mustang
                    PRS SE Soapbar
                    Peavey T-15 -- For sale
                    Ibanez ??

--------Amp---------
                    Fender Super Amp 4x10

Comment

Mantic ...
                      sorry, I was being a bit sarcastic, but the SD-1 is so common that I assume most folks know what they are

I look at these pedals like this .... an overdrive is meant to emulate a tube amp overdriven into distortion; a distortion pedal emulates a tube amp driven further into the clipping stage - into the "square wave" territory

many overdrives, like tubescreamers and SD-1s, can play chords without losing not definition, but that's not the case with distortion pedals - they're made for *crunch*

here's my Boss pedal page:
                      Boss SD-1/ DS-1
                      "music heals"
                      facebook

Comment

Thanks for the info. Does the SD-1 sound good stock? Seems like everyone is modding their pedals these days? Wonder if Guitar Center has these as the same price.
                        Fender Mustang
                        PRS SE Soapbar
                        Peavey T-15 -- For sale
                        Ibanez ??

--------Amp---------
                        Fender Super Amp 4x10

Comment

Originally posted by Mantic
                          Thanks for the info. Does the SD-1 sound good stock? Seems like everyone is modding their pedals these days? Wonder if Guitar Center has these as the same price.
                          My opinions....

The Tube Screamer is warm,smooth,and has some compression built in with it's presentation...Think old Santana tones,Eric Johnson,Gary Moore,Richard Betts....

The SD1,though pretty close circuit-wise to a TS,has a more aggressive midrange tone,more gain,and doesn't compress..It has a tighter tone that is right in the middle between a TS and the DS1..The SD1's tone is also more direct or in your face with chords and articulates better..The SD1 does chords better and the TS does single note leads better IMO...

I consider the SD1 to be the classic rock pedal in that it does things like Foghat,Skynyrd,and bands from this era..The SD1 has a different tone control eq and has an extra diode in it's gain stages...The SD1 is currently my least favorite pedal though,as I Much prefer the TS and the DS1....

John
                          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                            The SD1 is currently my least favorite pedal though,as I Much prefer the TS and the DS1....

John
                            Where would the modded SD1 compare to the stock and modded TS models?

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist
                              Where would the modded SD1 compare to the stock and modded TS models?
                              The SD1 just doesn't sound like a TS...Read my post above again about both..This is true for modded or unmodded versions of both pedals..

The SD1 is tighter and more aggressive...

Comment

Working...
                              X