Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VLine 6 Vetta II

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
    Yeah, I saw metallica in january and it was one big mess of a mix. I just put it down to them using mesa.

I've played the vetta, and it is very impressive sounding, but it feels weird. It reacts like there's some kind of buffer between you and the amp, and it's hard to get dialed into the tone.

If I was you, I'd try and find a local band that uses one, and see what you think of it in a live context. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it didn't cut through very well in a live situation. That's been my experience with other line 6 amps.

Most importantly, you can buy a lot of amp for that money. It's more important to get an amp with one sound you really like than to get an amp with every sound but the right one.

As far as the vox ad60 goes, it's far too underpowered for live work. go for the more powerful model.
    Oh yeh , the AD 60 is pretty underpowerd but I have played with one for quiet a while as my friend owns one and the tones that i could get out of it (with my wolfie) were just crazy..

Mabye your right about the whole lotta amp there..
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Re: VLine 6 Vetta II

Dang pressed the wrong button

continued..

I think its my Inner child (after all i am only 17) that wants to satisfy the urge to have such a sheer volume of possibilities in such a small box(relative to the amount of stuff as it looks pretty big)..

Funny though as yesteray before i got lured in to line6's site i was considering getting an amp for clean and use my DSL for dirty work, I could use the Mass to its full extent on th DSL without havning to turn the clean channel up to compensate (as it gets quiet distorted) Then for ease of transport use the hopefully then fully constructed and functional 2x12 cab in stereo..

And after writing that msg i think mabye getting a dedicated clean head would be much more sensible way of spending my money...

Hmm...
      Last edited by y2stevo; 08-22-2004, 04:02 PM. Reason: Bad Grammar
      Marshall JVM 410C
      Mesa Boogie DC-3
      ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
      1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
      2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
      2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
      1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
      2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
      1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Working...
      X