I like GHS Boomers, sorry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I like GHS Boomers, sorry!

I used to play boomers but got pissed when a string breaked after just a few days, so i switched to EBīs instead.
    Sounds and feels better imo.

Comment

The Boomer is my favorite "cheap string..." used 'em for years, until I tried the DR's. I get better tone and longer sring life from them ...for just a wee bit more money.

If you like GHS strings ... cool ! I'd grab 'em if DR went out. Truly, though ...isn't trying out new stuff half the fun for gearheads ?
      <----- another experiment in rewiring turns tragic.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666
        You should give DR's a shot. A really solid string in my opinion.
        Word, DR's are my favorite they sound great

Comment

I used to use GHS Boomer 10-42 on my Telecaster. The strings died really quickly and also turned black (the GBE strings). I gtried Fender Bullets out on my strat before I took it apart and initially thought there were alright, so I put them on my Tele. They are also black now.

I'm beginning to wonder if it is the fretboard or my hands that are making the stings die quickly. Two brands in a row... I take REAL good care of my instruments too. Might has to grab some fretboard cleaner and try out a new brand.

I ONLY use DR's on my Ibanez. They sound great AND LAST FOREVER! Just gotta find a better gauge for drop C and I'll be all set.
          7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Originally posted by rocksoldier
            I used to play boomers but got pissed when a string breaked after just a few days, so i switched to EBīs instead.
            Sounds and feels better imo.

That's odd because I play hard but haven't broken a GHS sting since I started using them 3 years ago.

Why is it that they say DR strings are easier to bend?? That would be great for two reasons:

1 - I can use heavier strings.
            2 - DR will package custom gauges just like GHS. I only wish they made a .56.

I have GHS on my McCarty at the moment and I have DRs waiting to go one next. Followed by D'Addario and Dean Markley. I may have to grab a set of EBs also.
            Last edited by papersoul; 08-24-2004, 08:11 AM.

Comment

+1 for DR. I use them for electric and acoustic applications.

Originally posted by aleclee
              Some folks like hot pickups, others like mellower pickups. Some folks like higher gain than others. Some folks dig nickel wraps while others groove on stainless steel.

I haven't played Boomers but I haven't dissed 'em either. Personally, I'm digging my fairly obscure nickel-wound strings but that's my deal. If Boomers work for you, congrats on finding something that helps you find your voice.
              Well said. Too many variables are at work to be able to state: "(pick a brand) makes the best strings. Everybody should use them."

I'd like to say that for DR; however, some people don't like them. The strings have to match the guitar, the musical style and equipment preferences of the player, the physical characteristics of the player (e.g., volume of perspiration, acidity of perspiration, hand size/strength, etc.), as well as the financial resources available.

Finally, ALL string brands have defective strings; ergo, STRINGS BREAK when you install them. I have broken D'Addario strings; I have broken DR strings.
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
              https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
              X