Jackson Solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Solo

Hey, anyone familiar with a Jackson Solo Model Guitar. It has EMG,-2 single coil looking pickups and a humbucker in the bridge. There are toggle switches that turns each pickup on and off. I am interested in this axe. It's used and at guitar center. But I can't find any info on it. It has a pearl white paint job. GC is asking $1300.00 for it. Any info will be helpful.

Re: Jackson Solo

You'll probably have to wait for that Jackson nut known as Zerbus (j/k). But he'll need more info, like is it a bolt on or thru neck? What type of bridge (Kahler, Original Floyd Rose, Schaller, Jackson etc.,) ? And is there a serial number anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by EL WHOPPO
      You'll probably have to wait for that Jackson nut known as Zerbus (j/k). But he'll need more info, like is it a bolt on or thru neck? What type of bridge (Kahler, Original Floyd Rose, Schaller, Jackson etc.,) ? And is there a serial number anywhere?
      You called?

Need moreinfo, but what I can say for sure is that no production Soloist ever came stock with EMGs (good or bad, depending on how you see it)

3 mini-toggles would make me guess that itīs an early ontario / Late San Dimas soloist. If there are EMGs in it, it means the Mid-boost circuit has been removed.....

But the price is IMO too high, even for a USA model. Unless itīs a custom Shop Axe. You can get a new one for 200 bucks more...
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
        You called?
        3 mini-toggles would make me guess that itīs an early ontario / Late San Dimas soloist. ...:

unless if its aftermarket stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandor
          unless if its aftermarket stuff.
          If theyīre aftermarket theres a gaping hole where a 5-way switch used to be. Or there was a pro touck-up done

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

The guitar center is in Escondido California, about 11/2 hours from me. I think the year is around 85 based on the Jackson site in which I thought I saw one that matched it. I don't think you could buy this Jackson new for under $1K, it appears to be a high end guitar. I'll work on getting the serial # asap.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlos
              The guitar center is in Escondido California, about 11/2 hours from me. I think the year is around 85 based on the Jackson site in which I thought I saw one that matched it. I don't think you could buy this Jackson new for under $1K, it appears to be a high end guitar. I'll work on getting the serial # asap.
              S/N would definitely help, at least as far as the year goes (Jackson is no longer willing to trace serial numbers to work orders for "normal" people, dealers may have better luck. But at least we have the serial chart on the site...). Even better would be to ask them if you could take 2 or 3 pics, because then I can see all the construction details and probably tell you exactly what it is and possibly even where itīs been

Comment

Working...
              X