Buzz Feiten Tuning System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzz Feiten Tuning System

Hey guys, has anyone converted their guitar to Buzz's system, or bought a new guitar with it already installed? If I understand it correctly, the nut is moved forward by a very precise amount, and then the guitar is intonated and tuned using special offsets. Supposedly, it makes the guitar play in tune anywhere on the neck.

What about the Earvana compensated nut, has anyone tried that? It's kind of a crooked looking nut, which is designed to produce a slightly different string length on each string, which is supposed to eliminate sharpness in the first few frets, and allow the guitar to play more in tune on the rest of the neck. The advantage of this system is that you don't have to hack up your fretboard to install it, you simply replace the nut.

I'm kind of intrigued by these systems, but I'm leaning more towards the Earvana system because it requires no permanent modifications. Can anyone comment on either one of these? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Re: Buzz Feiten Tuning System

Im really curious about these to.... And Where do you get the Buzz Feiten installed?
    Sonic the Hedgehog blows my mind!!!

Comment

Re: Buzz Feiten Tuning System

You have to find a guitar tech who is certified to install it. There's a lot to it, so it's not something the high school kid at Guitar Center can do. If you go to Buzz's web page, there's a list of certified retrofitters.

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
      X