Fender Cyber Twin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Cyber Twin?

I just saw that Mus. Friend has cyber-twins for $700.00. Are these amps pretty cool? I'm thinking about getting an amp for home as I'm using a POD 2.0 as my home setup right now. As I just saw the ad, it looks interesting. I haven't been out shopping for one...

I've always been a big fan of Fender clean tones, but I'll need dirty too. My HRDlx isn't that great for dirt, IMO. Can this baby do more heat with definition? I'll go out at my earliest convenience and try one, but I wondered if anyone here with more Fender experience uses more vintage gear and this thing and how they compare.

Thanks

Farkus
    2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
    1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Re: Fender Cyber Twin?

Cant comment much more, but I've heard they have some very nice cleans, but the OD dept sucks (like many Fenders).... try it ! you be the judge!
    Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

I've gigged extensively with my CT and have had mine for 3 years....Love this amp...You can not test this amp by the presets alone....You must tweak this baby to get the great tones from it....It has great distortion tones,as I have several presets that work great for me and my band...If you are someone that has a bit of patience,a great ear,and needs versatility,check into this amp...If none of these are a factor,don't waste your time....I Payed $1200 for mine and I still love this amp...

You have to turn the knobs and see how this amp works to get the tone from it,but the tone is there...

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

"Cant comment much more, but I've heard they have some very nice cleans, but the OD dept sucks (like many Fenders).... try it ! you be the judge!"

All of the presets on this website that have "Stratdeluxer" by them are my presets that were donated to the site...Try some of these presets and tell me if you still think this amp doesn't have good distortion and clean tones...Notice the dates on the presets that I gave to the site...I still own this same CT amp...

Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 08-23-2004, 12:39 PM.
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I tried one out once. I loved the 80s metal setting. It was squealy and reverby. Just a pluck of a string resulted in minutes of sustain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom M
            I tried one out once. I loved the 80s metal setting. It was squealy and reverby. Just a pluck of a string resulted in minutes of sustain.
            Refer to my above posts....

Comment

I've tried one, and actually like both the clean and distorted tones.

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
                I've tried one, and actually like both the clean and distorted tones.
                MRID..The problem with alot of these types of "do it all" amps,is that the presets are overkill and showy with too much effects....Let's say I wanted to dial up a 65 Twin Reverb preset on the CT...I dial up that preset on the CT,and twist the knobs and the effect levels just like on a regular amp and effects pedals and get a tone I Like...Once I dial up a preset I Like,it's just a matter of pressing the save button..But I have to stress again to anyone looking into this amp...This amp does have some pretty cool plug in and play presets,but the gold in this amp is to spend a bit of time with the manual and playing and twisting the knobs...

It's truly amazing how many people won't take the time to read the manual and most if not all questions I ever got asked could have been answered if they did read the manual...These amps aren't for everyone,but I Like to tweak things and I spent alot of time learning everything I could about this amp..I'm the same way with everything I do,THOROUGH..... I taught a ton of people and gave as much info over on the Fender Discussion Forums to a bunch of CT users...I then donated quite a few of the very first tweaked presets...It's a great amp...If anyone has one,I welcome you to try some of my presets,especially the 66 Pro Reverb preset(This one was A/Bd with my actual PR amp and is so close to my actual 66 amp...

John
                Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 08-23-2004, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Well, I heard from a buddy of mine that these things actually have the caps, tubes etc in the chassis and that all it really does it re-route the signal path to make the vintage amp tones, unlike the Line6 stuff. Is this right? If it is, I can imagine it being well worth the money...

John, I love to experiment with tones. I'd tweak the heck out of the thing if I got it, provided it yielded some results...which is why I asked the question. I'm just kinna tired of all digital tones from modeling...plus I'm GAS'ing b/c I love my uncles late 60's Bandmaster...Think this baby could do it?

Farkus
                  2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
                  1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Working...
                  X