humbucker covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humbucker covers

I'm considering getting some gold humbucker covers for my guitar. I was just wondering what kind of change it makes to the sound and how do I know if a certain cover will fit my guitar? Can I just get any cover or do i need to measure something and be sure of it? thanks
    ---------------------------------------------------
    THIRD STONE

http://www.purevolume.com/thirdstone

Re: humbucker covers

It's best to get Duncan covers since others may not fit.

Covers are supposed to make the pickups sound brighter, but it's a tiny difference and some are skeptical to the effect on tone.
    There's nothing quite as satisfying as a dancing banana...

Comment

Some guys don't notice any difference when comparing covered to non-covered. Others feel there's a slight decrease in the highs... You be the judge, it's not a big change at all...

Comment

thanks guys, however they're not duncan pickups in my guitar that i'm wanting to get covers for, they're just the ones that came with the guitar. its a flying-v knockoff from the '80s.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        THIRD STONE

http://www.purevolume.com/thirdstone

Comment

Originally posted by darkshadow54321
          It's best to get Duncan covers since others may not fit.

Covers are supposed to make the pickups sound brighter, but it's a tiny difference and some are skeptical to the effect on tone.
          Actually, it's usually the opposite effect, if any. Some people notice a slight decrease in highs, some don't notice anything. To be honest, I think perception plays a huge role in what we think we hear sometimes.

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
          X