Pulling out Strat volume knob...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling out Strat volume knob...

How do I pull out a Stratocaster volume knob without ripping out the actual electronics?

I bought one of those chrome knobs that I want to replace the regular ones with.

Re: Pulling out Strat volume knob...

just pull it off. use a flathead screw driver as a crowbar wedge type thing, and put it inbetween the pickgaurd and the bottom of the knob and pry it off. (I can't really understad your question, but ure talking about the white knob right?)
    Last edited by Illini1330; 08-23-2004, 04:25 PM.

Comment

One of the first questions I ever had in the "old" forum was, "what pickups should I get". The next question was, "How do I get the knobs off?"

You definitely don't want to mess up the knobs on a vintage axe. I don't remember the exact answer they gave me . . . but it was good.

Hopefully those same folks will drop by and answer this for you, as they did for me.

Comment

Pull it off with your finger nails under the bottom. Failing that, use two spoons to gently pry it out.
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

i think i've read you can use a t-shirt and put it underneath the knob and wrap it around, then gently pull and twist until it comes loose
          ---------------------------------------------------
          THIRD STONE

http://www.purevolume.com/thirdstone

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
            One of the first questions I ever had in the "old" forum was, "what pickups should I get". The next question was, "How do I get the knobs off?"

You definitely don't want to mess up the knobs on a vintage axe. I don't remember the exact answer they gave me . . . but it was good.

Hopefully those same folks will drop by and answer this for you, as they did for me.
            I use a chip puller, works great for that, but yeah anything you can put underneath a evenly wedge up or pull up. Stewmac and other guitar part sites have a bunch of similar tools, one is wrth having as it's also a bridge stud puller.
            ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
            ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
            Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Worked great!

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan
                i think i've read you can use a t-shirt and put it underneath the knob and wrap it around, then gently pull and twist until it comes loose
                This is by far the best and safest way to get the knobs off of any guitar provided you loosen the set screw if it has one.
                '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn
                  Ya,check for the set screws.When I first started learning I didn't.Pulled the shaft right out of the pot-oops
                  Whoops.......
                  '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Working...
                  X