banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do your guitar a favor and take it to a tech!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do your guitar a favor and take it to a tech!

Unless you are real good at it yourself of course.

Last week after I screwed up the intonation I decided it was time to take my guitar to a tech. I got it back today and I must say this guitar never sounded better!
    The tech did the intonation, replace the locking nut with a non locking one (I have a blocked floyd), set up the action and put on new strings all for €53. I think that's a resonable price but the axe plays and sounds terrific! The guy did a great job with the nut and he even got rid of most of the the nasty fretbuzz I was getting at the 5th fret on the G string, there's still some buzz there but not nearly as bad as before.

I can recommend anyone to take your guitar to a tech, it makes a huge difference.

Too bad I'm thinking of getting a heavier gauge strings. Guitar players are never statisfied...
    Last edited by Nightburst; 08-24-2004, 04:40 PM.

Re: Do your guitar a favor and take it to a tech!

nope there never "statisfied"

I would only I know of nowhere In Ireland trustworthy, also i have no money..
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Originally posted by y2stevo
      nope there never "statisfied"

I would only I know of nowhere In Ireland trustworthy, also i have no money..
      Looking at your gear list in your sig I'm shure you have the means of scraping a little cash together to get your guitar set up. Might help you getting rid of the buzzing problem .
      I just asked around in a few guitar shops and this was the closest and cheapest.(sp?)

Comment

Good thing I'm a tech!
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst
          Looking at your gear list in your sig I'm shure you have the means of scraping a little cash together to get your guitar set up. Might help you getting rid of the buzzing problem .
          I just asked around in a few guitar shops and this was the closest and cheapest.(sp?)
          Nah i got it pretty much sorted out and playing great again, but if i had cash to blow i might risk it just to get that little extra bit out of it..
          Marshall JVM 410C
          Mesa Boogie DC-3
          ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
          1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
          2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
          2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
          1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
          2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
          1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

I think I'm pretty good at set-ups now. I'm constantly tweaking it, so I don't think a tech would really help.
            Originally posted by The Minstrel
            Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn
              Ya take it to the tech,we need to eat too.
              Amen!
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
              X