Reverb on Blues Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb on Blues Jr.

The Blues Jr. is a great amp... with relatively lame reverb.

Does anybody know a way to improve the reverb on this box?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions (and yes I'm going to visit the Blues Jr. Mafia, but I trust you guys )

Chip
    Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
    Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
    Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
    SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
    SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
    "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Re: Reverb on Blues Jr.

take it out and put in one from a classic 30. olol
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Hi Xerxes - sorry for the stupid question, but do you mean just replace the tank? If so, where would I get one and which should I get?

Chip
      Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone

Comment

if you could actually replace the tank, then do that. i was more kidding because the classic 30's reverb is just jaw droppingly amazing(seroiusly). if you can actually do that though, do it.
        esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
        fender mim standard strat
        peavey classic 30
        johnson j-station
        original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
        dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
        yamaha f-310p acoustic
        taylor 410 acoustic
        "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

AFAIK, the tank's not the problem - it's the SS circuit that drives the reverb.

and, Chip ... I don't know the solution, but I know it's been discussed plenty over on the FDP. Maybe bill m has the solution.

I just always use mine on 2, and I've never noticed a problem.
          "music heals"
          facebook

Comment

Here's a link to some blues jr. Mods. These Mod require soldering skills and
            basic understanding of electronic's ,And the inner working's of a tube amp!!!
            So what I'm saying is bring it to a Tech If your not sure what your doing.
            And remember with mods it's give and take. You might gain something, But
            lose something else?? So consider carefully

Harmonica House focuses on harmonica playing, and advanced harp technique in Europe with emphasis on Italian harmonica players
            http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Like Curly I have never found the reverb on the Blues to be a problem (and I have two linked up together) I keep one of them at about 2/3 and the other one off. If you are going to replace the tank then you might seriously might want to think about getting a stand alone reverb unit altogether.
              Normans Guitars

Comment

Thanks guys... guess I'm going to have to pour through that endless "Blues Jr. Mafia" thread on the FDP. Bill M. has some suggestions, but like KMC says it sounds like they all come with tradeoffs.

Like Curly says, the amp sounds fine with reverb @ 2. It just won't give you that deep, classic reverb sound when it's turned up -> mush instead.

Chip

Comment

Working...
                X