banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried a boss pedal with my ENGL today, is it supposed to be really noisy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried a boss pedal with my ENGL today, is it supposed to be really noisy?

I tried a dual overdrive that my friend has, which is not what i would be buying if i got one but i just wanted to see what ball park i was in soundwise. I plugged it in and i could hear some of that saturated sound that i would like, but up loud it was really really hissy and noisy. Would this be a pedal fault because that pedal was actully showing some faults in that the connection inside it is intermitently stuffed. Or if i set it up right would i be able to eliminate all hiss and noise from this type of lead setup?
    My Soundclick page.

Re: Tried a boss pedal with my ENGL today, is it supposed to be really noisy?

yea i get the hiss too from my boss that's why i got the boss ns-2 gets rid of that noise while your not playing
    boreddddddddddd

Comment

Re: Tried a boss pedal with my ENGL today, is it supposed to be really noisy?

An overdrive pedal is going to add noise, since you're effectively adding another gain stage to your amp. Also, the input of some amplifiers is more sensitive than others, and get noisier with pedals in front of them. One possible but certainly not popular method, is to use the overdrive through your effects loop. It will run quiter, but will not sound the same. My Fulltone Overdrive is the quietest OD I've encountered yet, and I use it with the boost engaged.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
      X