Schaller Tremstop???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller Tremstop???

does ANYBODY have one of these? or better yet, know where to get one, or wants to sell me one? I live in canada, and we don't have 1 schaller dealer in the country. i've called every dealer in the US and they don't carry them and won't do a special order from schaller...since they're really backed up on shipments and it'd take 6 months to get here.

from www.schaller-electronic.com
    Tremstop:
    A small new patented piece to be fitted and removed with a flick of the wrist, locks any tremolo perfectly tight. Using Tremstop is like playing with a fixed bridge. It speeds and facilitates strings changes as well as tremolo adjustment. Simply lock the tremolo during string changes.

sounds like a good idea to me! if I could only get one!

Re: Schaller Tremstop???

i played a guitar with one for a while, it worked just fine.

Comment

No info for you, but I have a follow up question, is it just for locking the bridge for semi-permanent use. Or is it an on the fly bridge lock that you can activate while playing ... Hence use the vibrato and then a beat later lock it in place. I kinda sounds vague as to which function it's able to due.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kent S.
        .....Or is it an on the fly bridge lock that you can activate while playing ... Hence use the vibrato and then a beat later lock it in place. ...:
        He shoots, he scores

Supposed to work well, But I´ve no hands on experience this time
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kent S.
          No info for you, but I have a follow up question, is it just for locking the bridge for semi-permanent use. Or is it an on the fly bridge lock that you can activate while playing ... Hence use the vibrato and then a beat later lock it in place. I kinda sounds vague as to which function it's able to due.
          Based on this review, it seems that it can be done while playing.

I'm not so keen on the idea of permanently attaching something to the top of my guitar. I think I'll wait for 'em to release the Tremolno this fall.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
          My Music

Comment

the one i used was firmly attached to the body of the guitar so im guessing it wasnt easily removable for putting on other instruments.

it was on a strat with a wilkenson, when i wanted to used the bar i pulled it out of the tremstop and did the wiggling i wanted to then popped it back in so my pedal type licks would stay in tune. very nice when you break a string too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee
              Based on this review, it seems that it can be done while playing.

I'm not so keen on the idea of permanently attaching something to the top of my guitar. I think I'll wait for 'em to release the Tremolno this fall.
              Yes, the Tremolno or whatever it is, that's the one I was thinking of ... I was sitting here looking at the parts of the Tremstop, and thinking ... it looked like something that would be used like a jig (workbench) to lock the bridge (I liked the old Termolok, simple,effective for set ups, but they stopped making it, oh well back to the popsicle sticks wrapped with black electrical tape ...
              Don't those parts look like part of a jig though? Thanks for the extra info.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                He shoots, he scores
                Speaking of which check out the beach volleyball thread of the women's team, great althetes, great sport, and eye candy ...

Comment

i've seen the tremol-no before, i thought it was just a concept. good that its coming out though..but by the looks of it...it takes out your stand tremolo claw? how about this tremolo stop that comes with the new Floyd Speedloaders? its the little chrome right angled piece with the black bolt going through it in the bottom right hand corner of the picture. the bolt stands against your tremolo block, so its the same principles. but, again...finding one the those is very hard, and you have to put that in the middle spring position for it to work properly. does anybody like the Schaller Sure Claws?

Comment

Only thing I ever used like any of this stuff was the Hipshot Tremsetter, which works well, but it's kinda picky on installation and set up, and it does change the feel of the trem. I've still got one, but it's just kinda *in* the guiatr and not doing anything at the moment, I'm waiting on that Tremol-No thing also, so I can get that and sell the Tremsetter (it's mounted in a vintage style strat trem). Again, I've seen the sure claw, but I thought that was just for ease of tension adjustments (with maybe a lock for tuning/setup).

Comment

Originally posted by Warheart
                      i've seen the tremol-no before, i thought it was just a concept.
                      They demoed it at Summer NAMM. According to a guy who got an endorsement, they'll be out in the September-October time frame, distributed by WD.
                      Originally posted by LesStrat
                      make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                      My Music

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee
                        They demoed it at Summer NAMM. According to a guy who got an endorsement, they'll be out in the September-October time frame, distributed by WD.
                        Awesome. I checked out the website in detail....looks like its the best solution. I'll be checking the WD website in the future, Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X