• Show
Clear All

• My Acoustic Search, The Finale(PIC)

Alright fellas...lotsa cliche's here:

All good things come to those who wait
    Seek & ye shall find
    Patience is a virtue
    Money talks, B.S. walks..........

Anyway, I finally settled upon a beautiful acoustic that I was able to nail cheap cheap! It's brand new, but was knocked down because of a few finish flaws...all on the back of the headstock. They look like finger smudges in the lacquer, which I could care less about.

So, I wanted to take some pics to post, but the lens motor on my digital camera seems to have taken a crap....but here's what I got:

*******************THE GUILD D-55 *********************

It's taking me a bit to get used to the quality of this guitar as opposed to my Applause AE-68....needless to say, BIG difference! The tone is so even...not too bright/not too low. One of those items that the more you play it, the more you WANNA play.

I'm excited............can I get a little love????!!!!!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
    Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
    FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Re: My Acoustic Search, The Finale(PIC)

Terry,
    In the last 15 years, the two acoustics that really, really surpised me were an Alvarez-Yairi, and a Guild Jumbo. The Guild had a beautiful ringing tone that I didn't hear in their previous guitars. I can only hope that yours gets that great tone.

I recently had some work done on my Martin, so I'm gonna get back into playing it to work on songs. I have a different mind set on acoustic, but I learn things playing both electric and acoustic that compliment each other, especially as far as right hand technique is concerned.

Enjoy, bro!
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99
      One of those items that the more you play it, the more you WANNA play.

I'm excited............can I get a little love????!!!!!!
      You got it buddy

Nothin' better than bringing it home and not being able to stop playing it!

Chip
      Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
      Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
      Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
      SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
      SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
      "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
        Terry,
        In the last 15 years, the two acoustics that really, really surpised me were an Alvarez-Yairi, and a Guild Jumbo. The Guild had a beautiful ringing tone that I didn't hear in their previous guitars. I can only hope that yours gets that great tone.

I recently had some work done on my Martin, so I'm gonna get back into playing it to work on songs. I have a different mind set on acoustic, but I learn things playing both electric and acoustic that compliment each other, especially as far as right hand technique is concerned.

Enjoy, bro!
        I agree. Alvarez and Guild are two acoustic companies that sound superior to the many, many others in my opinion. I think you did VERY well. Guild acoustics will give you joy for years and years to come, they are built very well. Enjoy!
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

NEW STUFF ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Originally posted by jeremy
          God hates bad guitar tone
          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

I love new stuff....this GAS stuff keeps us on our toe's eh? Guild builds some fine guitars. Enjoy the new baby.
            My Sound Clips

Comment

congrats bro! looks and seems like a sweet guitar! how does it play? review? lol

congrats on the new guitar and hope you enjoy it!
              esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
              fender mim standard strat
              peavey classic 30
              johnson j-station
              original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
              dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
              yamaha f-310p acoustic
              taylor 410 acoustic
              "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

sweet!!! Congrads man, thats a real nice guitar!! Gotta love it!!
                '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
                Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
                '66 Fender Bassman
                Fender Champion 600
                Fender Stage 100

Comment

awesome dude, I hope you enjoy it!
                  MySpace!

2003 Gibson LesPaul Standard(lightburst) JB bridge / Jazz neck

2001 Fender MIA stratocaster (3-tone sunburst)SH-6 DD bridge stock middle and neck

2004 ESP LTD Viper-400 (white) EMG-81 set

Marshall DSL50

Mesa-Boogie Traditional Rectifier slant cab loaded with V-30's

Comment

congrats ... i know you've been patient and really looking into this purchase instead of rushing or 'settling' ... you SCORED .. nice axe !!

how about some sound clips?

enjoy and play in good health
                    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Thanks a lot fellas!!! Yeah, it is super sweet. One of those "last a lifetime" purchases.

Now that I've got the acoustic GAS out of my system, the next thing up is some type of recording software so I can join the "Clip Crew" !

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                      Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                      FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Working...
                      X