banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use a pedal in front of their DSL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone use a pedal in front of their DSL?

If I remember correctly the new MXR Zakk Wylde OD pedal is suppose be a clean boost. Just something to to kick the front end of the amp a bit harder. You might want to check that out as well.

Comment

The Zakk Wylde pedal a clean boost? I'm pretty sure it's just a copy of a boss overdrive with more bass or something and his signature bullseye. I was looking at the boss site today and the od-3 really stood out to me as one that might do a nice job. Anyone tried this pedal and/or compared it to a tubescreamer?

Also, what's the difference between a turbo tubescreamer and the regular one?
      Marshall JCM2000 DSL50 Head!
      Avatar 4x12 Slant Cab w/ 2 V12's and 2 GB12's
      Schecter 006 Elite w/ Duncan Custom
      Fender Std. Strat w/ Invader

Comment

what is the difference between putting the fat boost or other boost-type pedal in the effects loop and putting it in front of the amp?

Again, I'm playing a DSL on the overdrive channel, and I'm just looking to boost the lead tone, maybe add a little extra distortion along with a volume boost.
        thereveling.com

Comment

anyone?
          thereveling.com

Comment

Your best bet would be to try all that stuff out at a guitar center or something. Make a big listof what you want to try and go and do it. Spend a few hours.

Comment

I picked up a full tone fat boost pedal....it rocks! Exactly what I was looking for. Now my leads are right in your face!
              thereveling.com

Comment

I would just use a GE-7 from BOSS. And just boost the mids for solos.

Comment

Working...
                X