s-1 switching system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s-1 switching system

what exactly does the s-1 switching system on fender strats do?

Re: s-1 switching system

allows you to put series wiring in the circut. Instead of having the neck and middle, or middle and bridge pickups together in parallel, you can also have them in series, which makes them sounds like a standard full sized humbucker.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

My 82 'the strat' has a 2 position switch (stock) that does this...allows for all 3 pickups in series too...very fun!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

is there an anomaly with the S-1 switching system? i tried the 50th Ann Deluxe Strat a couple of days back, the S-1 switch, upon activation, made the guitar as loud as another Fender strat without the S-1 system- how true is this?
        Psychic Horns

Comment

thanks/bump

Comment

i really didn't go for s1 on my strat. The only real cool part was that i could do all 3 pickups at once. I ripped out that pickguard and threw a set of surfers in, couldn't be happier!
            2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

As foar as the S-1 switch anomily goes, the other guitar could've had the switch on too, or your guitar could've had the volume rolled down a little bit. The S-1 switch is more for versitility than anything else. Say if you need to go from Hendrix to STP in a flash, this is good for you, but if you never do anything but humbucker or single coil stuff, then you might wanna look elsewhere.
              This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

It reacts differently with singles and humbuckers as well. It does splits and weird combos on the double fat strats. It's much too confusing for me. I'll post the combos when I get home, I have them in a recent Guitar Player.
                Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Best thing to do is to look it up on gearheads site ... Yes the S/S/H and S/S/S models have two different switching systems ... there are downloadable pdfs that show the switching logic...
                  ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
                  ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
                  Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
                  X