Opinions on high-end amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions on high-end amps?

Yep, there's a handful of amp makers, who's amps just BLOW you away....to the point of having dreams about them. Bogner, Matchless, Badcat, Bruno, Tophat, Naylor, and Blues Pearl are companies that make amps that put tears in my eyes. The others are hit or miss. And I've honestly tried them all, so it's not parroted info.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

nightburst, whats that randall underneath the bogner? has the same logo as the mesa recitifers.

germ
      Jeremy Ledford
      Tone Guru Extroardinaire
      Tone Shop

Comment

Originally posted by lastwinj
        nightburst, whats that randall underneath the bogner? has the same logo as the mesa recitifers.

germ
        Looks like he put a DR sticker on a Randall combo???

Comment

Re: Opinions on high-end amps? Framus...

Well, I was a long time Marshall guy, and moved to Vox AC30s about 7 or 8 years ago.
          Then, one day while playing around in LA I came across a Framus Ruby Riot.

I fell in love with it. Completely blew me away... at the time I owned a Chieftain and a '63 AC30TB, and the Ruby Riot was like both of those rolled into one with a little Marshall Super Lead thrown in for good measure.

Anyway, I think for the money it's one of the best amps on the market today if you're into EL84 based amps. It really transcends the sum of it's parts, and of course with German build quality it's pretty damn tough as well. I'm on my second one, as the first one I bought in 2000 was stolen, and they've both been incredible. The only caveat I'd say is the fact that they come loaded with Sovteks, and well for me at least they're not the best tubes for this particular amp's layout. I do still use a Sovtek in one position though...

Everyone else kinda nailed it: while vintage amps from the big three have great tone, a modern "boutique" amp will give you the same incredible tone, and then some, with the assurance of modern construction, and none of the BS that comes along with using vintage gear.
          My Site
          My Gear

Comment

Working...
          X