banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between Sonic Blue and Daphne Blue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Sonic Blue and Daphne Blue?

From what I can tell, it looks like the Daphne Blue (my favorite guitar color EVER!!!) is more of a sky bluish and the Sonic Blue is more along the lines of Seafoam Green. Is this correct?
    Watch My Videos
    Photography
    www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
    "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Re: Difference between Sonic Blue and Daphne Blue?

yeah that is correct. Graffiti Yellow is one of my favorite strat colors because its different than the normal line of guitar colors. It kinda bugs me when I see solid black guitars all over the place, because I feel black is one of many colors that is overused on guitars. Thats just my opinion though.
    Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 08-29-2004, 04:33 AM.
    Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
    Roland Cube 60
    Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
    BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
    LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
    Mogami Cables
    Mooer Candy Toppers
    Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
    Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

i'm really starting to hate black on guitars.. the only one i'd consider black is a replica of dave murrays '57 strat

now i'm looking more in the lines of amber/cherry sunburst, trans red.. i dont want to have another solid color axe for a long long long time (unless it's ALL white with black hardware)

Comment

Davey hows the guitarport commin? You figure it out yet?
        Roland Cube 60
        Mogami Cables
        Mooer Candy Toppers
        Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.

Comment

check my music man.. it's the perfect piece of equipment for a budget player.. cant ask for ANYTHING better for 180$

Comment

Davey,

Just got done listenin to your stuff. Pretty heavy sound you got goin there. WOW. I dig the rhythm riff on the first 2 tracks by the way. Did you make it up? Also I am gettin ga POD XT Unit instead of the GuitarPort. I have the same pickup setup as you in my 2004 Fender MIA Strat, so I'm kinda curious as to what kind of sound im gonna get out of my guitar since the woods of our guitars are different. The body of my strat is Alder and the fretboard is maple. I hear that a maple fretboard is gonna put out a more trebley sound in comparison to the rosewood fretboard.... Is that true?
            Roland Cube 60
            Mogami Cables
            Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

Originally posted by Biu
              From what I can tell, it looks like the Daphne Blue (my favorite guitar color EVER!!!) is more of a sky bluish and the Sonic Blue is more along the lines of Seafoam Green. Is this correct?
              Daphne Blue=sky blue? Umm, didn't Fender actually put out a 'sky blue' color in the first year of American Strat production? If it was called 'sky blue', that color was awesome...I'm trying to find one for sale as we speak. I've never seen Daphnie Blue in person, at least I don't think so. The pics that I've seen on the computer put it as a deeper blue.

I think that the sonic blue is pretty cool. I picked up a used sonic blue Malmsteen body off the net that I'm gonna use in a project. I like the sonic blue, but a lot of my pals think it's too femine. I like it also cause there aren't a ton of them out there, yet they look 'vintage'.

Farkus
              2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
              1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

from the Fender color chart :
                Daphne blue:

from Roxy
                Sonic blue:
                "music heals"
                facebook

Comment

a deep purple finish on a guitar is the most amazing thing ever created in human hands
                  Guitars:
                  -Ibanez RG2820CTTW Limited Edition (with Dimarzio Steve's Special bridge and Air Norton neck)
                  -Peavey Harley Peavey Signature Guitar
                  -Admira spanish classical guitar

Amps:
                  - Line6 POD 2.3 Rack with poweramp and cab
                  - Marshall 1st Generation Valvestate combo
                  SHREDDING IN THE HOLY LAND

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGuy503
                    Davey,

Just got done listenin to your stuff. Pretty heavy sound you got goin there. WOW. I dig the rhythm riff on the first 2 tracks by the way. Did you make it up? Also I am gettin ga POD XT Unit instead of the GuitarPort. I have the same pickup setup as you in my 2004 Fender MIA Strat, so I'm kinda curious as to what kind of sound im gonna get out of my guitar since the woods of our guitars are different. The body of my strat is Alder and the fretboard is maple. I hear that a maple fretboard is gonna put out a more trebley sound in comparison to the rosewood fretboard.... Is that true?
                    argh
                    it's avantasia - final sacrifice. forgot to take the test one down hehe.. my guitar has a mahagony neck, rosewood fretboard so it's more lower mid focused than your maple neck, so yours will be a bit more trebbly yes.
                    bout the pod XT you wont be dissapointed =) it can be used the same way as the guitar port plus use the sounds you create on your computer on your amp =) what could be better?

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGuy503
                      It kinda bugs me when I see solid black guitars all over the place, because I feel black is one of many colors that is overused on guitars. Thats just my opinion though.

GG503, you may be right .....

but, as the T-shirt says, I'm only wearing black until they invent a darker color.

C'mon, the guitar manufacturers need something to cover the crappy wood they're using these days !

Enjoy !
                      <----- another experiment in rewiring turns tragic.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Curly! Yeah, I'm in love with that Daphne Blue. It just looks sooo beautiful, so.......ME! Warmoth only makes the sonic blue finish though I'm gonna have to find a used guitar or guitar body then....
                        Watch My Videos
                        Photography
                        www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
                        "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

My Fender Strat MIA is Chrome Blue. I just got it back from the repair guy who finished modding it a few weeks ago. Ill have to post some pics of it sometime.
                          Roland Cube 60
                          Mogami Cables
                          Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

Working...
                          X