Diff. dumb question Cab.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff. dumb question Cab.

I going over the responses to the amp cab and a little checking on my own I came to realize that 2x12 is going to be louder I don't want louder. I live in an appartment I can barely use the volume on the Classic 30 now I was just thinking of seeing if I could get a sweeter sound with less volume. Enlighten me some more on this please.
    His Grace is Amazing

Re: Diff. dumb question Cab.

I'm no expert on how to get quieter but there are a few things I think I know. More speakers does not make an amp louder but it will make the footprint bigger causing you to cover more area sonically. This is true for most tube guitar amps. The other thing that is true is that some speakers are more efficient and will sound better at lower levels, but this gets to tone more than volume.

Apartments are not good environments for guitar amps. By the time you sound good and your ears warm up (start to shut down because of levels) your neighbors are going to be good and worked up. If you want everyone to be happy in your building get a Pod, a small mixing board and a set of good quality headphones. That way you can run the Pod and a CD player into the mixer and you can play at your level of choice without making the neighbors angry.

In an apartment I always got complaints about the stereo and my guitars, including my acoustic. For some people, just knowing you exsist is grounds for complaint.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Re: Diff. dumb question Cab.

I ended up getting a Korg Pandora PXR4. I was looking at a POD, but the Pandora was cheaper, smaller (work has me travel alot), and has a digital 4-track recorder and rhythm machine.

If I didn't get that, I was also looking at a Crate GTX60 or a Roland Cube.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
      X