You know what I wanna make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know what I wanna make?

I wanna take some sealed tuners, and make them have the string shafts like the old Fender ping tuners. You know, where there was a hole in the middle, and it was split? those are awsome. They hold tune great, but they look real sharp too, cause you stick the string end down into the hole. But, I wanna have them sealed ya know? I think I just might whip out the dremel and do that.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Re: You know what I wanna make?

why don't you do it then, and sell them on the market lol
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

I just might do that, maybe they'll sell, maybe they wont, who knows. I dunno if I'm gonna do it, but I want to. I dont have any tuners to spare if I screw up, I'll probably do it tomorrow.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

what are the advantages of these types of tuners.. just style?
        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Kluson Safe-T-Post tuners rock! I have a set of the Gotoh versions on my Strat and Tele. BTW, if strung up right, they hold their tune very well even with tremolo (ab)use.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

they dont usually slip as easily as tuners with the hole just going straight through. With that you can have some slippage, but with the safe-t-post tuners, you've two bends in the string, which contributes alot more to the grip of the tuner.

Comment

i have some of the gotoh kluson style tuners on my strat and they hold a tune as well as the grovers on my guild. They are great tuners and i think there is something to be said about the lack of mass with the kluson style over the grovers that adds to the tone of a strat or tele, but that is another discussion all together.
              Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by mrfjones
                i have some of the gotoh kluson style tuners on my strat and they hold a tune as well as the grovers on my guild. They are great tuners and i think there is something to be said about the lack of mass with the kluson style over the grovers that adds to the tone of a strat or tele, but that is another discussion all together.
                All this and you don't poke your fingers on excess string!
                Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
                X