EQ pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EQ pedals

if you put an EQ pedal, say a Boss GE-7 in your effects loop, does it override your amps EQ completely? or would you have to put your amps EQ on a flat setting? also, are most EQ pedals Active or Passive EQ?
    Thanks

Re: EQ pedals

I think eq pedals are probably active, but that's just my assumption because they all use a battery... what's the difference between active/passive EQ?

I'm pretty sure putting an EQ in the effects loop would just add another dimension of sound.. another layer to adjust
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

The EQ pedal and amp's EQ will both impact the signal.

EQ pedals that can boost or cut are active.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
      My Music

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666
        I think eq pedals are probably active, but that's just my assumption because they all use a battery... what's the difference between active/passive EQ?
        Active EQ's can boost and cut. Passive EQ's can only cut.

I'm pretty sure putting an EQ in the effects loop would just add another dimension of sound.. another layer to adjust
        Yup.

The best way I've found to get that Metallica type scoop is to run the mids high on your amp and scoop with an EQ in the loop.
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
        X