Praise for Parkers (PIC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Praise for Parkers (PIC)

Parkers Guitars is owned now by some Music Company in Ill. At least now you can talk to someone in customer service. I called Parker on a couple of issues and got no help, basically, I was infringing on their operation, by taking someone off the production floor. You are basically on your own once you but this guitar. I own a 99 Fly Deluxe. The stock Dimarzio are on the bland side when compared to high guality pickups. Since they are custom mounted, I bought a used pair of pick ups from Ed Roman Guitar in Vegas. Sent them to Seymour, they rewound to APII neck and SH11 in Neck. It cost me about $300.00 when said and done. This guitar sounds awesome now. Compared it to a Gibson Artists last weekend. The parker smoked the gibson in tone, I mean hands down. Don't get me wrong I love the Les Paul and one day I'll have either a SG or Firebird. One point that it important to point, and that is the Parker has a tone similar to Les Paul now.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlos
      Parkers Guitars is owned now by some Music Company in Ill. At least now you can talk to someone in customer service. I called Parker on a couple of issues and got no help, basically, I was infringing on their operation, by taking someone off the production floor. You are basically on your own once you but this guitar. I own a 99 Fly Deluxe. The stock Dimarzio are on the bland side when compared to high guality pickups. Since they are custom mounted, I bought a used pair of pick ups from Ed Roman Guitar in Vegas. Sent them to Seymour, they rewound to APII neck and SH11 in Neck. It cost me about $300.00 when said and done. This guitar sounds awesome now. Compared it to a Gibson Artists last weekend. The parker smoked the gibson in tone, I mean hands down. Don't get me wrong I love the Les Paul and one day I'll have either a SG or Firebird. One point that it important to point, and that is the Parker has a tone similar to Les Paul now.
      Ditto. Tried contacting them several times, even inquired about a custom made instrument, and they never responded to one e-mail. Needless to say, I was not happy. I even said in the last e-mail to them that if they didn't respond, I will never buy a Parker... now I think I can safely stick to that
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I bought my Nitefly used, but they did answer several e-mails from me last year. Their warranty is like 1 year, which is BS. I wonder what's going to happen to this company. I saw a few funky looking new models. I know some people think all their guitars look funky (not me). I like the original Fly styling. There will probably be a "Ken Parker Era" surcharge on used parkers now. Will Parker now be like Steinberger?
        GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
        KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

Originally posted by Mkf411
          I bought my Nitefly used, but they did answer several e-mails from me last year. Their warranty is like 1 year, which is BS. I wonder what's going to happen to this company. I saw a few funky looking new models. I know some people think all their guitars look funky (not me). I like the original Fly styling. There will probably be a "Ken Parker Era" surcharge on used parkers now. Will Parker now be like Steinberger?
          I say a big NO to surcharges

I hope Parker doesnt become another Steinberger
          I used to own a GU-7R and had the worst time with customer
          service in returning it...( bad pups) anyways I should have
          purchased one of the American made graphite neck models.
          "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

Working...
          X