banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would it cost to get a bass nut cut and installed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would it cost to get a bass nut cut and installed?

I'm thinking of buying a 5 string bass, but I'd want a high B instead of a low B, so I was thinking I'd just get a nut custom cut and fitted, and was wondering about how much this would cost.

Re: How much would it cost to get a bass nut cut and installed?

Shouldnt be too much. If you want, I'll cut if for you down here for no cost, and all you'd have to do is install it, which isnt that hard if you're walked through it. If you buy the bass, IM me and we'll talk.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

My luthier would charge me (I'm guessing) about 35-40 bucks for that job.
      www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

I'd actually try a high C string on a 5-string bass. You'd have the same fingering patterns all the way up the neck, not the pesky 1-fret down business.

Comment

New Nut: 50 EUR, any standard instrument. Same day completion in most cases

Double that for 12-strings and basses with octave strings (so 8, 10 and 12-strings), triple for a 12 string bass where itīs essentially a 4 with double octaves
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tom M
            I'd actually try a high C string on a 5-string bass. You'd have the same fingering patterns all the way up the neck, not the pesky 1-fret down business.
            I have a friend who did that for the same reason.
            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
            X