Peavey Classic 50 Tweed Bassman Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic 50 Tweed Bassman Mod

Hey guys, I just finished up doing the tweed bassman mod on my classic 50 which I got from blueguitar.org and all I can say is WOW~! A very good amp, just became great. I havebnt even had a chance to turn it up much since its later here but damn, it sounds amazing. I can not wai to get this baby cooking and get a few gigs in with her. The amps still retains a peacey vibe, but has a very powerful bassman overtone. Great sound, i cant wait to hear her roar. Im bringing my G&L home from layaway tommorrow so I can't wait to get my new guitar and revamped amp running.
    Later,
    Brian
    Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Re: Peavey Classic 50 Tweed Bassman Mod

Sounds good. Didn't you do the original Blueguitar mods to it? Did you have to reverse any of them to do the Bassman mod? I'd be interested in hearing the differences between the two. I can't remember what all was involved in the Bassman mod, but I decided to go with the standard Classic 50 mods instead.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Re: Peavey Classic 50 Tweed Bassman Mod

Sounds real cool! I don't have my Classic 50 4-10 anymore, but that clean channel was outstanding. My only gripe was that it got flubby at higher volumes, but I can only imagine that a good mod would make that a beautiful sounding amp. What did the mod effect? The clean channel needs nothing. The OD channel is good, but not amazing. Where do you hear the effect of the mod most?
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
      X