No announcement yet.

Tips for adding fullness to recordings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for adding fullness to recordings.

My recordings sound a bit bland and not as full as my playing does in real life, does anyone have some tips on settings to add a bit of fullness? Obviously doubling the track and adding some reverb or chorus, but some specific settings for reverb or chorus etc. I'm using cool edit pro 2.

Re: Tips for adding fullness to recordings.

Try to record the same signal mic'ed, direct, and condenser, then blend a couple right, and one at 11:00.

I'm starting to learn that the better the bass tone on my recordings, the better
    the overall sound. A DI with a really good tube compressor + mic is a good combo.
    I can't do it right now, since my homestudio can't accomodate a bass amp's volume.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Unless you give me some fancy trick, I have no idea how record a direct and mic'ed signal at once. And what does 11:00 mean?

Comment

i think it means to put the mic angled just a little to the left (as if a clock hand pointing toward 11)

Comment

I put a second mic in the room about 10 feet away from the amp for a little more fullness and "live" feel.

Comment

I believe Gearjoneser was referring to panning multiple tracks(mic'd, direct, etc.). 11 o'clock is just left of center.

Comment

On my clips, I pan one of the rhythm guitars 100% left and the other 100% right. I don't know much about mic placement though.
              Watch My Videos
              Photography
              www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
              "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Working...
              X