Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Starfire 4 - Thoughts?

Hey Folks-

Anyone familiar with the Guild Starfire 4? Below is a clip from their website... any comments would be great.

" The Starfire IV attracted the attention of the blues guitar world and noted players like Buddy Guy and Lightnin’ Hopkins when it was first introduced in 1963. The IV’s semi-hollow body style makes it usable at higher volumes without feedback. The versatility of this instrument makes it appealing not only to blues artists, but to jazz players like Randy Johnston and rock players like Tom Fogerty. The Starfire IV is a bridge between solidbody electric guitars and hollowbody jazz guitars. The specs include a Maple, multi-laminate body with a double Venetian cutaway, chrome hardware and two Guild humbucking pickups. This model also incorporates an Adjust-o-matic® bridge with stop bar tailpiece.

The 3-piece Mahogany neck incorporates Guild’s traditional Chesterfield headstock logo. The Rosewood fretboard with Mother-of-Pearl dots features a 24-3/4" scale length, and measures1-11/16" wide at nut. Available in Blonde, Antique Burst, Black, and Red Transparent. "

Re: Guild Starfire 4 - Thoughts?

i played a 1979 one, its sweet, i love starfire Iv's
    Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
    Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
    Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
    Crate VC-3112
    Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
    Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Ive looked at those too, and am almost certain that when i come round to buying a hollowbody axe for jazz that one or one of the guilds will be what i get.

They are expensive, but can be had second hand on ebay from time to time for reasonable prices and guild guitars just sound and play like a dream. There is a reason they cost so much
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

it is basically an es 335, but i think they play and sound much better.
        Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Guilds have always been an underrated guitar. They are of excellent quality build-wise and they sound and play great. Compared to Gibson, they are very reasonably priced and of equal quality. I played a Nightbird for years and it was as good a guitar as any of the 20 or so Gibsons I've owned.

Comment

I agree that Guilds ar underrated guitars. But they also do not hold there value any where near as well as Gibsons do. The Strafire4 is a great guitar, and when you pay the money that is necessary to buy one, just understand that it will not retain value like a 335 will. As long as that is not a problem for you it is a great guitar.
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
            X