Interesting bass find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting bass find

Just bought an interesting bass the other day. Was in a pawn shop browsing and found a 1978 Fender J-Bass into which someone had put EMGs. It has a maple fretboard and ivory block inlays. They wanted $450. I bought it for $400. It's an amazing sounding instrument. Beat to hell, but it's got that Steve Harris "chink" when you slap it. I couldn't pass it up.
    www.enigmaduo.com

Re: Interesting bass find

EMG's in an vintage bass!!

Doesn't that have the weight of an elephant?

I tried a 70's jazz bass one's and man i had backpains rest of the day!
    My bass teacher who did a whole gig with a 70's bass he had borrowed from the real bassist, he was a stand-in. He had backpains for a couple of days.

Does it have the Marcus miller type pickguard? Post some pictures if you can!
    100% Bass player

Comment

cool! sounds like an interesting find. enjoy. pics?
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by Thurisarz
        EMG's in an vintage bass!!

Doesn't that have the weight of an elephant?

I tried a 70's jazz bass one's and man i had backpains rest of the day!
        My bass teacher who did a whole gig with a 70's bass he had borrowed from the real bassist, he was a stand-in. He had backpains for a couple of days.

Does it have the Marcus miller type pickguard? Post some pictures if you can!
        It's quite heavy, definitely on the weightier side of anything else I own. But I'm used to heavy guitars. I'm not sure about the pickguard. It looks like the normal J-bass type (black plastic, chrome control plate). I'll try to post some pics. I have to see if my wife can help me with that. It's a burgundy red stain, if that helps.
        www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

very cool find
          Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
          X