Les Paul Studio/ Versus Standard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul Studio/ Versus Standard?

I will be buying a Les Paul and wondered about the differences between the studio and atandard other than the binding. Is it only cosmetic? Is the maple top thinner on a studio? UI also like the c5 pickup I have in my Schecter and wondered how it would sound in each? Thanx
    My bands links:

PEDL
    www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
    www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
    www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Re: Les Paul Studio/ Versus Standard?

I don't know but try over on the Guitar Shop
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
    Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
    Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Comment

Originally posted by KLINKDETROIT
      I will be buying a Les Paul and wondered about the differences between the studio and atandard other than the binding. Is it only cosmetic? Is the maple top thinner on a studio? UI also like the c5 pickup I have in my Schecter and wondered how it would sound in each? Thanx
      I waivered between buying a Standard or Classic for quite awhile before talking it over with a few Les Paul enthusiasts here at the forum, and came to the conclusion that basically the Studio is the same as the Classic or Standard with the possible exception of neck shape. I think the Studio neck might be a little more rounded than the slim-tapered necks of the Standard and Classic. I have medium-sized hands but have no problem playing my Studio. The only other difference is the binding, as far as I know. I don't need all the bells and whistles as long as it delivers the goods, although eventually I would like to own a nice Standard. But my Studio is a genuine keeper, and I think it sounds as good as any other Les Paul out there.
      About the C-5; I've never played one but you'll come across many good folks here that have used it in their Les Pauls and really like the tone. I use a Custom (just a slight step up in output than the C-5) in the bridge of my Epi LP Standard and it sounds great. In my Studio I'm using an aged JB in the bridge with a Jazz in the neck, and it also sounds excellent. Based on all that, I think a C-5 in the bridge and maybe a '59 or Jazz in the neck of a Pauly you decide upon would work just great.
      59Paul is a very knowledgeable guy to talk to about Les Paul guitars as he answered a ton of questions I had about them. Maybe he'll chime in on your thread and give some helpful advice. You may want to PM him, in fact.
      Hope any of this helps, and good luck!
      ....Bob
      Last edited by midnite_man; 08-31-2004, 05:38 PM.

Comment

If you don't think you can do the fat 50s neck, get the standard. That said, I have small hands but I got the studio anyway, and find it plenty comfortable. In fact, slim necks rather require me to "squeeze" the neck more and makes my left hand tire quickly. Pups are different, Burstbuckers vs. 498t/490r. If you plan on changing pups anyway (I would) that's another vote for the Studio. C5 should sound the same in both.
        Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
        Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
        Originally posted by Sosomething
        "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Working...
        X