RR1 vs. Deluxe Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1 vs. Deluxe Strat

What's better the RR1 or the Deluxe American Strat which I will put a JB junior in the bridge if I get that guitar. I play 80's metal, but my favorite bands are Van Halen, Ozzy, and Yngwie. My setup is an AVT 50 combo with a MXR distortion +, DOD 250, Boss Chorus ensemble, and Boss flanger.

Re: RR1 vs. Deluxe Strat

What is the RR1? Maybe a stupid question, but I can't compare for you until I know. I almost bought a Dlx Am Strat last year, bought a Standard instead. Both are fine guitars, just a few more bells and whistles on the Dlx.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

The RR1 is the Randy Rhodes american made V.

Comment

is a pic of the RR1 I want and
        Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

is the pic of the deluxe strat

Comment

RR1 is way better.

Comment

even if the strat has a jb at the bridge?

Comment

I don't think you can really compare the two. The RR is going to be a rock and metal machine, that's what it's really designed for. You can change it's voice by chaning pickups, but it's a rock machine.

The Strat I believe will be the most versital of the two. You can put a full size bucker in the bridge for rock tones, and still have great blues and clean tones from the other positions. I think for sheer versatility it's tough to beat a strat.
              My Sound Clips

Comment

the american deluxe HSS strats are awesome

im about this close l....l from ordering this one

<<the charvel strat in my avatar has a JB bridge and a '59 neck.... i got it for $300 from americanmusical... it would be good for what you are looking for
                '05 Gibson SG Standard
                '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
                PRS IRW McCarty
                '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
                82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Comment

I'm also interested on playabilty, how well they stay in tune, and reliability. Do the rolled edges on the strat make a big difference?

Comment

They're 2 differnt worlds. Nothing alike thats like campareing a Ford to a BMW.

Comment

Maybe you sholud have said "Jackson RR-1", I was confused a bit at first as well, but being AFAIK the resident "Jackson Guru" it didnīt phase me for long

Down to da Nitty-Gritty:

Quality-Wise, the RR1 is light years in Front.
                      Playability Wise, some people will prefer the Fender, but the RR1 is undoubtedly faster. But some people donīt like slim necks, for me The RR Profile is definitely one of my favorites.
                      Tonally: The RR shape has a bit more of a "scoop" to it than a standard strat, making it better for hard driving tones but a bit less versatile.

If you want to play metal and the RR1s shape doesnīt turn you off, the choice is pretty clear IMO. But the Strat will be the more versatile of the two, and will probably do the YJM stuff better as well, tonally. What many people do is add coil splitting via Push-pull pots or miniswitches to an RR, cheap but effective, and only alters the (esily replaceable) pickguard. Did it to mine as well, works particularly well with a JB

But you really canīt go wrong with either
                      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

personally, the jackson i think will be better for what you want it to do.
                        esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                        fender mim standard strat
                        peavey classic 30
                        johnson j-station
                        original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                        dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                        yamaha f-310p acoustic
                        taylor 410 acoustic
                        "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Cool, just saw Kevin got the New Page up
                          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I guess I should get the RR1.

Comment

Working...
                            X