Boss Flanger BF-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss Flanger BF-3

i always liked this effect a lot so what do you think guys of this pedal?

which one do you recommend me if you donīt like it?

thanks a lot dudes
    Peavey Studio Pro 112

LTD Explorer 400 w/ EMG 81 set
    Ibanez SZ 520 QM w/ Dimebucker + 59'
    Seagull S12+ acoustic

Boss Digital Delay DD-3, Super Chorus CH-1, Chromatic Tuner TU-2. Dunlop Mr. Crybaby

Re: Boss Flanger BF-3

The BF-2 is the stuff if you want a Boss!
    100% Bass player

Comment

BF-2s are great if you can mod them, but I love the BF-3 as well. Seems to be a bit smoother sounding (less metallic) and the gate/pan feature is terrific. Tremolo and Flanger in one babee!!!
      Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
      Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
      Originally posted by Sosomething
      "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Originally posted by korovamilkdud
        BF-2s are great if you can mod them, but I love the BF-3 as well. Seems to be a bit smoother sounding (less metallic) and the gate/pan feature is terrific. Tremolo and Flanger in one babee!!!
        The BF2 has mods? What are they and what do they do?

Comment

I'll share my Bf-2 mods, sure...

The two I did...

1. Lower the value of the .033 cap in the center of the board, about 2/3 of the way down. This clips off the bottom of the sweep which helps it to sound less metallic.

2. Indyguitarist's Spaceship Mod (mine is with a switch) what you do is look for a 47pf ceramic cap next to a electrolytic can next to the ic chip closest to the bottom. You put a .01uf cap across these two caps. One leg of the .01 to the 47pf, one leg to the electrolytic. Easiest to do if you connect it to the BACK of the board (solder side). If you want the switch, I HIGHLY recommend, connect a wire to one leg of the 47pf and another wire to one leg of the electrolytic. the wires go to the center poles of the switch, the .01uf cap to one of the outer pairs of poles.

you can then switch between stock and the crazy, swooshing, squeeking spaceship tones.
          Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
          Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
          Originally posted by Sosomething
          "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Working...
          X