Bogner XTC module and other items available for Randall RM4 and Egnater M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner XTC module and other items available for Randall RM4 and Egnater M4

This is a copy of an email I recieved from Randall asking about some info. Very cool stuff!

Thanks for the e-mail. Yes, the new Bogner XTC module will be available around the end of Oct, and we are very excited about it. Also, we agree with you on a module carrying case and plan to have one available very soon. We have actually been working on the case design for a few months now, so it should not be much longer. The case as well as many other module replacement parts such as knobs, screws, face panels, tubes, etc… will be available through our website by the end of the year.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Doug
    Egnater M4 (2) Recto, Blackface, Plexi
    VHT 2502
    (2) Randal XLT 4X12
    (2) Jackson SL2H USA Soloist (SH-1n, TB-6b)
    Jackson SL1 (Classic Stack, Classic Stack, TB-6b)
    Keeley TS-9 Mod Plus & TS-9 Baked Mod
    http://www.robertkeeley.com
    Line 6 Echo Pro and Mod Pro
    Chandler Digital Echo Delay

Re: Bogner XTC module and other items available for Randall RM4 and Egnater M4

Is this an officially licensed product endorsed by Bogner? Is the model multi-channel?

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
      Is this an officially licensed product endorsed by Bogner? Is the model multi-channel?
      I could be wrong, but were any of the modules really endorsed by the respective companies? I considered the unit basically a cheap ripoff of the original models.

I'm also interested in what they are doing with the Bogner. I would assume that since modules like the Recto one weren't multi, that the "Bogner" module might just be the red (aka high gain) channel. My guess is that it'll blow... you simply can't build an amp like Bogner in a small preamp module. Still, it does sound intriguing
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
        I could be wrong, but were any of the modules really endorsed by the respective companies? I considered the unit basically a cheap ripoff of the original models.

I'm also interested in what they are doing with the Bogner. I would assume that since modules like the Recto one weren't multi, that the "Bogner" module might just be the red (aka high gain) channel. My guess is that it'll blow... you simply can't build an amp like Bogner in a small preamp module. Still, it does sound intriguing
        I don't think they are endorsed by the companies, but Randall and Egnater does show them as registered trademarks. I wouldn't think it is any different than any of the products such as Line 6, except the modules use tubes. Maybe they pay some type of royalty. Don't know. As far as the module, it is based off the red channel of a 101B. Don't be so quick to judge on the sound of the modules, if you have not played any. With the right tubes put in them, they are close to sounding like the originals. It think the Egnater modules more so. I think you would be suprised. Oh, and don't judge off the sound clips on the Randall sight. They sound like crap. Here is a link for some good module clips.

What is nice also, is if you are not quite satisfied with the sound you are getting, you can always have them modded for a much lower price than it would cost to have a head done.
        VHT 2502
        (2) Randal XLT 4X12

Comment

the "models" are not endorsed by the companies. LIne6 etc. state that the models are TMs because, to the original amp producer, i.e. mesa boogie, etc. rectoverb is their trademark
          Custom Guitar Builder - PM me if you're interested.
          Check out the new website and see the progress of felow forumites' guitars
          www.gaugeguitars.com
          Cheers!

Comment

Those clips are rather impressive Burkwieser. My favorite rhythm tone is a Marshall Super Lead, so I was a bit disappointed with that module, but some of them... especially the Twin, Deluxe Reverb, and Vox... sounded fantastic.

The hardest thing for rack systems is getting the "punch" you get out of an actual amp head, but I'm sure with a quality power amp, those modules might be killer.
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
              The hardest thing for rack systems is getting the "punch" you get out of an actual amp head,
              I don't understand your reasoning behind that.

Do amp heads have some magic "punch" circuit that they can't fit into rack mounts?
              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
                I don't understand your reasoning behind that.

Do amp heads have some magic "punch" circuit that they can't fit into rack mounts?
                Hehe, I was wondering the same. I get more than enough punch from my rig. Heck, I can even feel it in the floor standing a ways back.
                VHT 2502
                (2) Randal XLT 4X12

Comment

Bump
                  "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

My guitarist is friends with Bruce Egnater and has all his stuff personally modded by him. He said that if the preamp is not directly connected to the transformer then you lose some of the punch quality you get from a head that shares the transformer. I am no tech but that is what I was told.
                    My bands links:

PEDL
                    www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
                    www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
                    www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

Originally posted by Burkwieser
                      A lot of those clips sounds great. This is the first that I've heard of the M4, or the randall rm4....seems like a fantastic idea to me! As we speak I'm looking up more info on these modules, I'm quite interested in picking a couple up to experiment with. I especially like the tone of the vox and the hot vox+.
                      cheers,
                      matt

Comment

Originally posted by KLINKDETROIT
                        My guitarist is friends with Bruce Egnater and has all his stuff personally modded by him. He said that if the preamp is not directly connected to the transformer then you lose some of the punch quality you get from a head that shares the transformer. I am no tech but that is what I was told.
                        Interesting, Thanks. I am no tech either. I have some stuff modded by Bruce, Frank, and the guys also. They do great work. Regaurdless, I am not sure the loss is that noticable. Either way, they are a great idea, very well built, and are a very versatile product. I think Gearjonser with his knowledge of products that he has tried, might want to try these and give them a review.
                        VHT 2502
                        (2) Randal XLT 4X12

Comment

Oh yeah, Egnater stuff rocks. My buddies have a jmp and an 800 modded and they sound great.
                          My bands links:

PEDL
                          www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
                          www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
                          www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

Working...
                          X