Re: Flametop Pauls

Amen- Flame or nothing.

Preach it spoon.

Comment

This is mine......

Comment

Well I might as well show off my flamed ones too.

Last edited by JOLLY; 03-29-2004, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Boing! Zebras are like nickel, they always look good on flametops.

I wonder why Gibson never made a translucent whitewash flametop
            with zebras and gold hardware? That's the only thing I can think of that I haven't seen on a Paul.

People make such a big deal about the Historics. I love them too, but the more LP's I have, the more I realize "Historic" means so little.
            I've had different LP's go through my hands, and it rarely has to do with anything but small variances. It's all about the setup, usually.
            They DO use better selected woods for Historics, but I've honestly picked up a lot of Stds and Customs that sound no better or worse, often for half as much money. I have 3, right now, and can't choose a best one. I love
            all three equally, for the slight tonal differences they have. My flametop
            was $1600 new/used. It sounds and plays just as good as a $4000 Historic.
            I think the Std. Prem. Plusses are the best value for a Gibson LP.
            I see nice plusses go for around $1500 on the Bay.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Man, you guys are giving me bad G.A.S.

That green quilt top that Gearjonser linked to is killer!!!

I can't think about it though, settling on my new house May 3. Just gotta keep telling myself no new toys, no new toys, no new toys. This thread is brutal.

Comment

I cant be bothered with to many guitars as far as seeing them and just drooling, Les Pauls just do it for me though, those first two are awesome. Im happy with minw though, i wish i new how to post pictures! Its a 2002 lightburst, I picked it because it had a really funky top, its got a lot going on with it, flamed in some spots, quilted in other and even downright curly here and there. Ive never seen another one quite like it, plus it sounds great!

By the way, all of you should be ashamed of yourselves, the nickel on your bridge/tailpieces are still all shiny and silky! GET PLAYIN AND GIVE THOSE THINGS SOME CHARACTER!
                EBMM H-S-H Silhouette

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender MIM Stratocaster

Bogner Goldfinger 45 1x12 Combo

Comment

Originally posted by Maximusgordon 2.0
                  By the way, all of you should be ashamed of yourselves, the nickel on your bridge/tailpieces are still all shiny and silky! GET PLAYIN AND GIVE THOSE THINGS SOME CHARACTER!

I hear ya, about playing them and giving them character. When you try your hardest to keep a nice flametop from getting dinged, the hardware stays clean
                  too. I detail them everytime I change strings, but I'll throw my strats
                  across the street without the slightest worry. I handle flametop Pauls
                  much differently. I'm like Nigel "don't even LOOK at it."

Comment

Originally posted by Maximusgordon 2.0
                    I cant be bothered with to many guitars as far as seeing them and just drooling, Les Pauls just do it for me though, those first two are awesome. Im happy with minw though, i wish i new how to post pictures! Its a 2002 lightburst, I picked it because it had a really funky top, its got a lot going on with it, flamed in some spots, quilted in other and even downright curly here and there. Ive never seen another one quite like it, plus it sounds great!

Trust me, mine get dirty....I just clean them every so often. If you wanna post a pic....down where you submit your reply...hit "go advanced" the at the bottom you'll see something about attaching files directly from your computer.

Comment

I still need to figure out what pickups I wanna put in this one:
                      Last edited by JOLLY; 03-29-2004, 08:17 PM.

Comment

not a great pic, but I'll throw down anyway:

"music heals"
                        facebook

Comment

Nice guitars TC and Curly. I love a nice red Les Paul. I'm sure you'll both dig where I'm comin from on this....I bet both of those are superflamed. They both kinda have that chevron flame to them. Mine is more of a "fiddleback" flame. The thing with red guitars id it's hard to get the flame to show up. The pic of mine looks pretty lame, yet it's flamed rather nicely....I'd be willing to bet both of yall's blow mine away.

Comment

They should come out with a Les Paul in Envy Green!!!!
                            Nice Geetars guys.... I gotta say I like the plainer top ones though. None are cooler than Jimmy Page's . I've been learning some of Slash's solos this week(Estranged & 14 Years) They sound good on my tele but a nice Les Paul woudl certainly be nice too.
                            Last edited by FenderBoy; 03-29-2004, 10:25 PM. Reason: spelling
                            2001 MIA Strat Sunburst w/maple neck. Hot Rails (b), Vintage Rails (m), Cool Rails (n). 2003 MIA Deluxe Fat Strat Sunburst w/maple neck.

Comment

I don't regularly go to the Les Paul Forum, but there's a couple guys over there who have collections that are nothing short of breathtaking! Look at some of the top collector's beauties over there. I'd go there now, but I don't want to let my G.A.S. get to the point where I'm robbin banks n sh!t. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                                I don't regularly go to the Les Paul Forum, but there's a couple guys over there who have collections that are nothing short of breathtaking! Look at some of the top collector's beauties over there. I'd go there now, but I don't want to let my G.A.S. get to the point where I'm robbin banks n sh!t. LOL
                                I have absolutely no problem admitting I'm jealous of alot of those dude's collections!! I still figure I'm doin ok for a ditch digger....lol

Comment

Working...
                                X