Pedal / amp q'n!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal / amp q'n!!

Ok, i just got the modded SD-1, great pedal, im likeing the tone for rhythm etc!!

Btw, i realise that what i am posting may be really stupid, im just a bit of a novice with getting decent tone with fx !!
    Then i played with my amp channel on boost, and i got one great tone for lead!! Id like to be able to use this tone, but the amp seems to have awfull background noise whilst i have both pedal overdrive, and amp boost channel!!

Is there anything i can do to mean i can have this tone without the other crap noises??

Cheers in advance,
    Doogz
    Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
    Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
    Korg AX1500G multi-fx
    RAT
    Boss PH-1r
    Ibanez cf-7
    Ibanwz ts-7
    Danelectro tremolo
    Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Re: Pedal / amp q'n!!

More gain = more noise. Think of your amp/OD as a balance beam. Bring the the amp up to where it sounds good, then start at zero on the OD till you have the OD bolstering the tone of your amp, just the way you like it. If that sound is still far too noisy, either back it down or consider that you may want a different amp, pedal, or maybe add a noisegate.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Cheers, ill give that a go, in fiddling earlier i noticed that gain settings etc had a huge effect, i may just have to be patient and try to get it spot on!!
      May i ask, whats a noisegate??

Cheers,
      Dooogz
      Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
      Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
      Korg AX1500G multi-fx
      RAT
      Boss PH-1r
      Ibanez cf-7
      Ibanwz ts-7
      Danelectro tremolo
      Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

A noisegate is a pedal that reduces noise. People use them on their pedal board to reduce noise.
        GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
        KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

To elaborate what Mkf411 said, a noise gate elimates noise when there is no signal present, that is, when you're not playing. If you have a very high level of noise while a note is sounding (this is called the signal-to-noise ratio), it won't eliminate all that hash while you're playing, just between the notes you play.
          You can adjust the THRESHOLD of the gate; that is, how much of the noise you will allow to pass, and what is acceptable to you. You can also adjust the RELEASE TIME of the gate, so that it won't smother, or cut off any notes, or the tails of longer note values, etc.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Don't feel bad, I always have a hell of a time trying to work out my amp/pedals. I always run into problems when I try to have two different pedals (one for overdrive, one for higher gain distortion) and trying to get all 3 to work out just right with each other. Just stick with it, the right tones will find their way out.

On a completely unrelated note, Twilight, is that by any chance a juventas jersey you're wearing in your avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe01
              On a completely unrelated note, Twilight, is that by any chance a juventas jersey you're wearing in your avatar?
              You're close, mojoe ... Newcastle United
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
              X