I wimped out and bought a cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wimped out and bought a cabinet

One of the guys on the HFC saw my post over there about building a cab. He offered me one of his. He is the same guy I bought my Hamer Artist from.

It is beautiful. Hard Pine 2x12 with a handle and all rock solid

It is painted a light tan and it has an oxblood color grill screen. It looks like an old fender amp. The cloth is almost an exact match to the Classic 30 cloth.

I attached the the speakers I will do the wires tomorow.

I may strip and stain the wood. I think tweed would be cool but I don't have the finess for that kind of work.

Oh yeah 160.00 shipped.
    His Grace is Amazing

Re: I wimped out and bought a cabinet

Dang, nice score Lou!
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

What kind of speakers you installing?
      Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
      Roland Cube 60
      Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
      BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
      LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
      Mogami Cables
      Mooer Candy Toppers
      Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
      Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGuy503
        What kind of speakers you installing?
        Big round ones sorry

I had two laying arround, one Weber F150 similer to the Jenson. The other is a Eminence Cannabis Rex. Can't wait to hear them.
        His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Ya wimp Lou!! there was I thinking you were going to build an exotic cabinet and tell us how you did all the joints and spent hours and days and days and french polished it, sweated blood and tears etc etc and all and then you you go and buy a ready made one

Nice one good score as well - let us see some pics of it when it's loaded with the speakers and tell us how great it sounds - and then tell us you don't like it and want to get rid of it!!
          Normans Guitars

Comment

Nice one! We definitely want pics...

Sorry to take this off topic, but does the thickness of the cabinet woods matter? i mean, would a thicker wood like mahogany really add to the tone, or would it really matter that much?
            There's nothing quite as satisfying as a dancing banana...

Comment

I'm pretty sure you did the right thing. Building cabs is more than throwing 6 pieces of wood together. By the time you've spent a bunch of money, made a big mess, and ended up with a cab that sound stale, you realize you could have just bought a better one for a few bucks more. You could call that guy back, eventually, and see if he can turn your Classic 30 combo into a head that matches your cab.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
              X