How do you hook up a HUSH IICX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you hook up a HUSH IICX?

My friend just got a HUSH IICX rackmount and she isn't sure how to hook it up. I'm not too sure myself and I'd hate for her to damage the HUSH or her amp, so I figure someone here may know. Should she hook it up through the effects loop or in front of the amp? BTW, she has a Mesa Single Rect if that helps. Thanks in advance!
    -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
    Vox VT15
    Washburn D10SCE
    Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Re: How do you hook up a HUSH IICX?

I *THINK* it goes before the amp. Not too sure. I've never used one of those before.

oh yeah, pics?

of your friend too?

phear teh guitar pissing kitty of DEWM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
      of your friend too?
      -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
      Vox VT15
      Washburn D10SCE
      Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

Place it at the end of the effects loop. You always want to put those as the last item, that way it will be able to get rid of the noise from the guitar, pedals and preamp.
        MIM Fender Strat-stock
        Kramer Focus-cool rails/vintage rails/hot rails
        Dean V X- 85/81
        Crybaby From Hell
        Ibanez DE7
        ADA MP-1
        Furman EQ
        Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

yeah, immediately before the power amp section .. the last thing the signal goes through before it goes on to get LOUD!

cheers
          t4d
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days
            yeah, immediately before the power amp section .. the last thing the signal goes through before it goes on to get LOUD!

cheers
            t4d
            Yep, send and return, or preamp out/power amp input if that's all you got. Putting in in front of the amp won't take out the amp noise of the preamps,if you are running some pedals in the FX then put those before the Hush ...Except delay and reverb effects, those don't make hardly any noise and must go after the hush to keep from gating your echos/reverb tails.
            Also you'll probably want to adjust it to your highest gain settings, and use a faster release time.
            ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
            ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
            Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

+1 to what everyone said here. If you have an FX Loop, definitely put it there. If not, it should be the last pedal in the signal chain (with the exception being delay/reverb/echo)
              Originally posted by kevlar3000
              I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
              Originally posted by Zerberus
              Better is often the enemy of good
              Originally posted by ginormous
              Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
              X