Stratdeluxer's mod of my Boss OS-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stratdeluxer's mod of my Boss OS-2

Got the OS-2 back from John (Stratdeluxer97). Replaced the chip to the TI chip that is in (or similar to) the tubescreamer. Changed resistors and capacitors to add more bass.

Sounds loads better. It used to be shrill when changing the color knob from OD to distortion side. Now shrillness is gone. The drive knob seems to add more drive with a limiter or compressor feature built in at higher volumes, which I would get rid of if I could. Still, it is a lot looser sounding, less tight/compressed, more dynamic.

The OD side is a lot less bright, more like a middy tube screamer. Into my boss GT-3, it fattens up the JC-120 and Twin amp models nicely. Very nicely. Sounds better with those than with the "Crunch", or Matchless models, which sound better with a Blues Driver.

I have been waiting for an OD or Dist pedal that would beef up a bridge single coil, and I think this is one that will! I just have to get a SC in the bridge of my strat. Will try this out for sure.

Overall, a lot more usable pedal that sounds 200% better - not like a guitar shop toy, but has a more amp-like overdrive. Much better, much, much, much.... Thanks, John

Joe
    Last edited by jmcorey; 09-02-2004, 02:18 PM. Reason: better description

Re: Stratdeluxer's mod of my Boss OS-2

Sounds like what I've been looking for !! Got my OS-2 in a box right now.
    But I guess I'll wait untill Frances is over. I pray it fizzes out or misses
    FLA. all together.
    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Re: Stratdeluxer's mod of my Boss OS-2

Originally posted by kmcguitars
      Sounds like what I've been looking for !! Got my OS-2 in a box right now.
      But I guess I'll wait untill Frances is over. I pray it fizzes out or misses
      FLA. all together.
      I'm hoping we just get alot of rain and a bit of wind? The hurricane is heading towards the east coast "again" and that really sucks...

Joe...Thanks for the great review about your OS-2 as it was the first one I ever tweaked and it probably won't be the last.. At least I hope not...Glad to be a small part of your search for great tone buddy...Thanks again and enjoy..

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
      X