Dave Gilmour's Solo Tone!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Gilmour's Solo Tone!!!

Ok, i know he uses Fenders and often times Hiwatts on stage and plays Strats mostly, plus uses different kinds of distortion/fuzz pedals and compressors etc. but what are the KEY pedals to his tones. To me Gilmour has 3 basic solo tones, his straight forward semi clean, classic Strat sound like the solo in "Money", maybe just some good compression or straight in to an amp? Then theres the thick, fuzzy, yet soulful sound like on the "Time" solo, a fuzz box? What kind? Then finally the sweet, singing sound like in "Comfortably Numb", If heard people say Big Muff but i dunno. Where is that distortion coming from? i doubt its the amps distortion. I love those tones, do any of you guys know how to get that sound (Obviously it has to do mostly with the man's hands but still!) and which pedals are on what songs and maybe even were the controls are set? Oh yah and what about that cool rythmn distortion on "Another Brick in the Wall Pt.2"? Big Muff again?

Thanks
    EBMM H-S-H Silhouette

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender MIM Stratocaster

Bogner Goldfinger 45 1x12 Combo

Re: Dave Gilmour's Solo Tone!!!

Here ya go mate!

Main Riff: Pete Cornish Soft Sustain with Chandler Tube Driver #2.

Solo: Boss CS-2 Compressor with Chandler Tube Driver #1, Sovtek Big Muff & TC Electronics digital delay.

Solo (Dry Sound): Chandler Tube Driver #1 with Pro Co. Rat II Distortion.
    100% Bass player

Comment

Re: Dave Gilmour's Solo Tone!!!

In an interview he said that for the Time solo he used his Black strat, a Plexi with everything on 10, a Fuzz Face, and an Echoplex.

He also mentioned using a Yamaha amp/rotating speaker on Comfortably Numb.

Comment

Working...
      X