Another Eric Clapton Guitar Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Eric Clapton Guitar Auction

Looks like he's getting rid of "Blackie" and 1964 ES-335 Cream/Yardbirds guitars this time.

http://www.christies.com/promos/jun0...mo_gallery.asp

Re: Another Eric Clapton Guitar Auction

Holy Crap !!!

There Are Some Sweet Guitars On That Site.... #3 Is A Beauty !!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
    Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
    FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Blackie is virtually unplayable - well the maple board has had so many re-frets there is nothing left so anyone who buys it will need to replace that but heck that would look nice on my wall!!

I like #4 the 335 (1964) which he owned from the Yardbirds/Cream days (only $60,000-$80,000!!)

it would go nice with my '68

Normans Guitars

Comment

I believe I acould handle having the 1929 and 1939 Martins as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
          Blackie is virtually unplayable - well the maple board has had so many re-frets there is nothing left so anyone who buys it will need to replace that but heck that would look nice on my wall!!
          Replace the neck? Sacrilege!
          Gibson Les Paul w/ Seths. Strung with EB 12's
          Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI
          Arbiter Fuzz Face, Fulltone Fatboost, Crybaby, Voce Spin II

Comment

I believe he's had that 335 longer than any other electric ... that's the one he still plays on tour, isn't it?
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

I'll take Blackie. I bet it plays like a dream.

Comment

Whoaa!! There's some nice guit boxs on there.

Comment

Even if blackie does not play well...that is a piece of Rock history, much like Brownie.

Barring his personal guitars, there is some SERIOUSLY awesome vintage pieces in there..

those vintage Martins...

*drool*

Comment

Starting bid on Blackie is probably 100,000. I think Brownie sold to the Microsoft guy
                    (forget his name) who owns the Trailblazers and Jimi museum, for $340,000.
                    I'd sell everything I own, if I could, to buy Blackie. Those pieces of history will go for
                    ridiculous money by the time I'm old. Is that the REAL Blackie? That's insane that
                    Eric doesn't still have it!
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                      Starting bid on Blackie is probably 100,000. I think Brownie sold to the Microsoft guy
                      (forget his name) who owns the Trailblazers and Jimi museum, for $340,000.
                      I'd sell everything I own, if I could, to buy Blackie. Those pieces of history will go for
                      ridiculous money by the time I'm old. Is that the REAL Blackie? That's insane that
                      Eric doesn't still have it!
                      It is the real blackie - but as we all know made from about 3 different guitars when EC put it together. Blackie and the other guitars up for sale to quote EC are: [font=Christie'sBembo,BoldItalic]"These guitars are in fact the ones that I kept back from the first auction because I seriously couldn’t consider parting with them at that point … I think they are a really good representation of Rock Culture ... all great Rock and Blues guitars." [/font]
                      [font=Christie'sBembo,BoldItalic][/font]
                      [font=Christie'sBembo,BoldItalic]They represent the "cream of his collection" and yes I would want blackie as well if I could afford it. [/font]
                      Normans Guitars

Comment

Working...
                      X