Share your love for Ernie Ball MusicMan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share your love for Ernie Ball MusicMan

I'm GASsing for a StingRay. Badly. They're amazingly solid, great sounding, smooth playing basses. Nothing against my Fenders (Fender will always be my favorite) but I need a little variety. I think I need to just force myself to start saving because I won't be able to get it out of my head.

Is anyone else here smitten with MusicMan? Post pics or stories of any of their guitars or basses.
    It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
    - David St. Hubbins

Re: Share your love for Ernie Ball MusicMan

No pics yet, but I've owned everything from Custom Shop Fenders to PRS guitars to Gibsons, and the 2 Music Man guitars I currently own (an Albert Lee and a Steve Morse) are by far the finest guitars I've ever owned. I honestly can't get enough of them.

Comment

here's me with my EB MM Silhouette Special

sweet guitar, if u aint chekd it out, give it a listn - u wont be dissapointed!

Ishan
      Last edited by ishmun; 09-03-2004, 08:10 AM.
      Guitars:
      Ernie Ball/Music Man Sillhouette Special (custom wound Blue Velvets, JB bridge), Ibanez RG3120 (PAFPro neck, Tone Zone), Gibson V (Seth in Neck, C5 in bridge), Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster (Stock)
      Amps:
      Mesa Boogie Mark III Simulcass Head, Marshall JMP-1, Mesa Boogie 50/50, Trace Elliot Tramp

Comment

I used to have an EB/MM Albert Lee model that I really miss.

Loved that guitar. I kept the pickups stock because they were Duncan APS-2's...
        -Butch Snyder
        butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Am i ever! Here is my Silhouette Special, with 2 Duncan humbuckers and scalloped neck:
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer
            Am i ever! Here is my Silhouette Special, with 2 Duncan humbuckers and scalloped neck:
            I'd love one just like that... sans scallops and different color Silo Specials have the best necks ever made in the history of guitar building IMO. They just are so comfortable and fit my hands perfectly.

I've gotta try out those new SUB guitars as well... GC just got 'em in

Comment

Originally posted by BS123
              I used to have an EB/MM Albert Lee model that I really miss.

Loved that guitar. I kept the pickups stock because they were Duncan APS-2's...

Hey Butch, were the pickups in yours the flat polepiece variant? Also, a while ago someone mentioned that both the neck and bridge pickups in the Albert Lee set had baseplates. The ones I put in my Strat only have a baseplate on the bridge. Is this normal? They came out of a 94 Albert Lee.

BTW, these pickups sound FANTASTIC clean or overdriven.
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D
                I'd love one just like that... sans scallops and different color Silo Specials have the best necks ever made in the history of guitar building IMO. They just are so comfortable and fit my hands perfectly.

I've gotta try out those new SUB guitars as well... GC just got 'em in
                Ah the scallops aren't so bad! hehe
                As far as the pickups, I had to order a different pickguard, since the original was HSS, and they don't offer HH in the Silo Specials. EB/MM do have their pickguards wired with a 'molex' connector, which allows you to switch out pickguards wired with different electronics without soldering. So thats what I used on this HH pickguard. If I ever wasnt to switch back, it just takes a few minutes. Every guitar company should do this.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
                  Hey Butch, were the pickups in yours the flat polepiece variant? Also, a while ago someone mentioned that both the neck and bridge pickups in the Albert Lee set had baseplates. The ones I put in my Strat only have a baseplate on the bridge. Is this normal? They came out of a 94 Albert Lee.

BTW, these pickups sound FANTASTIC clean or overdriven.
                  Yes, mine were stock APS-2's; so they were flat. The bridge and neck pickups had this little metal strip under them. I took the neck pickup's little strip off which opened the sound up a bit. I also installed the baseplate from a Twang Banger underneath the bridge pickup. That gave it a bit more bite. It sounded just like an APTL-1. Don't get me talking too much about that guitar or I'll cry because I miss it so much...
                  -Butch Snyder
                  butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Did you guys now there is a Benji MAdden (guy form good charlotte) singanature silouette special guitar comming out? Its basically a silouette with one humbucker (think TOM Delonge Strat) just think of the mods you can do to that bad boy!
                    Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Working...
                    X