G.J. whats up with the Pauls??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.J. whats up with the Pauls??

I have noticed that you have had a few really sweet looking L.P.'s in your avatars. Are these your guitars, or pics you have found, ones you have had? I really like the one you have now, What color is that?

Check this one out

and this one

another

Last edited by 54stratlover; 09-03-2004, 02:16 PM.
    Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
    gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
    SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Re: G.J. whats up with the Pauls??

I do like that second one and it does indeed look like GJ's avatar.

Comment

oh my god...
      dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Yep, that's the one. This forum's avatar size restrictions keeps me from using any of my own gear pics, so I just get my avatars from Ebay's thumbnail pics. Anytime I see a guitar, amp, or pedal that knocks me back in my chair, I move it straight over to my avatar. I've had my current one ever since I saw that guy's auction. I have yet to see a Paul that has a cooler color than that. If that guitar was offered in a Std. Premium Plus with a 50's neck, I'd hit B.I.N. and sell something to recoup.
        Unfortunately, I don't care for Classics or Stds with 60's slim taper necks, so I had to pass on this one. What a color!!!
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Looks similar to a Dean Hardtail Faded Denim Finish, but with more purple. Sweet looking guitar, and $1999 isn't a bad price at all.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

what was the paul you had on you avatar before this one?
            Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
            SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

That other Paul was a tiger's eye color with zebra pickups. Actually, it wasn't a Gibson, but a boutique copy. I forget which company. Faded denim by Dean is a great color. Gibson Std's come in Manhattan Blue and Coral Reef, but the Paul in my avatar is a cross between faded denim and purple. That thing would look great with aged nickel covers and aluminum hardware. Hence the name Joneser! Ha
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I don't know, i think that guitar looks pretty sweet. I'm not sure I would change a thing.

Comment

Nice links, I'm not a huge fan of Les Pauls, but the first two guitars shown were SWEET!
                  Originally posted by kevlar3000
                  I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                  Originally posted by Zerberus
                  Better is often the enemy of good
                  Originally posted by ginormous
                  Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

wow, all of em are beauties

Comment

Working...
                    X