Dumb Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Question

If I am pluged into my speaker cab, is it OK to unplug the speaker in my amp and just run the speakers in the cab?
    His Grace is Amazing

Re: Dumb Question

Originally posted by sweet_lou
    If I am pluged into my speaker cab, is it OK to unplug the speaker in my amp and just run the speakers in the cab?
    As long as you retain the same impedence match that your amp normally sees,you'll be ok...Just don't mismatch the impedence and especially don't let your amp see a lower impedence...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
      As long as you retain the same impedence match that your amp normally sees,you'll be ok...Just don't mismatch the impedence and especially don't let your amp see a lower impedence...

John
      Thanks Buddy

I have two 8ohms in sequense so that is supposed to be 16ohms. I just tried it Wow it sounds so much smoother without that Blue Marvel amazing with and without your pedal.

Lou
      His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_lou
        Thanks Buddy

I have two 8ohms in sequense so that is supposed to be 16ohms. I just tried it Wow it sounds so much smoother without that Blue Marvel amazing with and without your pedal.

Lou
        Cool Lou..

Remember this Lou...2 speakers in series doubles the impedence...So two 8 ohm speakers gives you a total 16 ohm load...

2 speakers in parallel is half the total of both speakers..If we use the two 8 own speakers again,then you now have 4 ohms load...

You can allow your amp to see a larger impedence load(And mismatch) but you never want your amp to see less load than what it's rated for...In other words,if your amp's lowest impedence is rated for 4 ohms,be sure to retain 4 ohms or more...The more difference or mismatch you put between your amp and your speakers,the more output you lose and also an overall loss in tone..It's always best to match the amp and speakers the same though...You already know all this Lou,but maybe others can benefit from this info..

There's also series/parallel but we won't talk about that right now because it's not needed..

John
        Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 09-03-2004, 09:22 PM.
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
        X