Soldano SLO-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldano SLO-100

I just got this head about a week ago and I was looking for some opinions. I needed the most versatile amp you can get. It had to have a good overdrive for death metal riffs but also great tone for solos and lead lines. For clean I wanted something great for jazz-fusion,ska,polka,progessive,country pretty much anything.
    I had a crate before and never really cared about tone but since I got this amp I'm becoming tone obessed. I've tried some Bogners,Marshalls,Mesa's and so far I think the Soldano is better. Is there anything that would be as versatile and have as good tone of a SLO-100. I have about 30 days to return it and I need to try everything possible just to make sure this is the amp for me.

Re: Soldano SLO-100

if it is anything like the 'port' in the line6 guitar port it's one of the best amps out there. IMO

Comment

the slo 100 was THE high gain amp for years. everybody used em and loved em. is it the most versitle thing out there? probably not, it has shared eq for one, but its a great, killer sounding amp.

Comment

For the most versatile amp, I'd have to go with the Bogner Extacy. However, I think you've got a pretty damn good amp right now. You can change the tone and flavor of those quite a bit with different pre-amp tubes. Some JJ's for a smoother sound, some GT12AX7-C's for super high gain stuff, and the GT-m's or some NOS tubes for a more classic rock tone.

Shared eq is a concern, but nothing a Boss GE-7 can't fix for $75 bucks. Whenever you need more gain (which that thing has a TON of) you can boost it with a pedal. I think for the diversity of tones you're looking for, pedals or some type of effects processor may be a necessity. The SLO is a great platform for that.
        My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
        X