banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, I've made up my mind......Driskill it is!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, I've made up my mind......Driskill it is!!!!

I've been planning on getting a PRS for quite some time now, but I have changed my mind. Instead I am going to put in an order for a Custom made Driskill guitar. It's going to be quite awhile before I get it, but I am on the waiting list at least. I figure if I am going to spend upwards of $3,000 I may as well get something hand made to my specs. Have any of you played a Driskill or have one on order? I can't wait!!!!

Re: Ok, I've made up my mind......Driskill it is!!!!

I don't know nothing about these guitars but I do remember one being sold on e-bay and it was under the PRS section!! I can't remember anymore but it was a nice looker. Check out the site:

http://www.driskillguitars.com/

Skullcrusher - I am sure that the guitar is going to be great and I suspect will be better than a PRS. Let us know which one it is you're getting and when?
    Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
      I don't know nothing about these guitars but I do remember one being sold on e-bay and it was under the PRS section!! I can't remember anymore but it was a nice looker. Check out the site:

http://www.driskillguitars.com/

Skullcrusher - I am sure that the guitar is going to be great and I suspect will be better than a PRS. Let us know which one it is you're getting and when?
      Indeed, I'll be posting about it when the time nears. It's going to be quite some time before he starts work on mine.

Comment

Man those are nice guitars. Do you know what kind of wood,pickups and fretboard you want yet?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMist
          Man those are nice guitars. Do you know what kind of wood,pickups and fretboard you want yet?
          I think I'm gonna go with Mahogany for the back and Quilt Maple for the top. I'll probably go with ebony for the fretboard, but I havent decided yet. As for pickups. Duncans of course!! All I have to do now is decide how thick I want the neck to be. I've got awhile to figure it out though.

Comment

I thought you were up for building your own, had I know you wanted a hand made guitar I would have offered my services (I build a similar guitar to a prs style)
            however, driskill is a great choice
            Joe Driskill and I have spoken many times and he makes great stuff

Cheers,

Blueline
            Custom Guitar Builder - PM me if you're interested.
            Check out the new website and see the progress of felow forumites' guitars
            www.gaugeguitars.com
            Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline
              I thought you were up for building your own, had I know you wanted a hand made guitar I would have offered my services (I build a similar guitar to a prs style)
              however, driskill is a great choice
              Joe Driskill and I have spoken many times and he makes great stuff

Cheers,

Blueline
              Yeah, I'm still planning on making my own. In fact I'll probably get started this weekend. I'd love to see some of the guitars you have made though. You never know, I may decide to have more than a couple hand made guitars.

Comment

Working...
              X